Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

47%!

3 posters

Go down

47%! Empty 47%!

Post by Alexander Nevsky Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Alexander Nevsky
Alexander Nevsky

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

47%! Empty Re: 47%!

Post by Chuck Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:32 pm

47%! 534410_10151094960228031_1601738624_n

You can throw a few millionaires into the mix too!
Chuck
Chuck

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:21 pm

My 90 year old father-in-law worked in the mill (Oxford Paper Company) for 40+ years and survives on a small mill pension (about $400/month) and Social Security. The only health insurance he can afford is Medicare Parts A,B, & D which is managed through a Medicare Advantage plan.

He pays sales tax, excise tax, property tax, Medicare Part B fees, Medicare Advantage plan fees, and other miscellaneous taxes/fees (CMP, phone, etc.).

Due to his annual income being so low, he pays NO federal income tax.

Because he pays no Federal income tax, Mitt Romney thinks he’s a good-for-nothing layabout mooching off the hard working tax payers of this county and needs to get a job. applause

I think it’s time for my father-in-law to get off his lazy a$$ and get to work! Don't you? applause applause

And Mitt wonders why…

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:21 am

In 2008, James Batmasian pled guilty to a felony tax evasion charge for failing to pay more than $250,000 in federal taxes. He served eight months in federal prison followed by two years of supervised release. Batmasian had to pay the outstanding taxes and was fined $30,000. At the time, he was the largest property owner in downtown Boca Raton, the wealthiest city in Florida. Batmasian, a lawyer, was suspended from practicing law by the Florida Supreme Court.

Why is this important?

When Mitt Romney attacked the working poor, seniors, and veterans who he claimed don't pay federal income taxes during his infamous 47% rant last May, one of the guests in the room for this intimate, $50,000-a-plate Boca Raton fundraiser held at the home of private equity mogul Marc Leder, was convicted tax cheat James Batmasian. Marta Batmasian, James Batmasian's wife who is a member of Romney's Florida finance committee, contributed $50,000 to the Romney presidential campaign.

Isn't it ironic that Romney included a convicted tax cheat at his well-heeled, Boca Raton fundraiser where he assailed 47% of America's citizens for not paying federal income taxes and not taking "personal responsibility and care for their lives"?

...or maybe it's a "severe" lack of self-awareness.

Mitt Romney can never represent me.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum