Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have been a tea partier since 2010 and my opposition...

Go down

I have been a tea partier since 2010 and my opposition... Empty I have been a tea partier since 2010 and my opposition...

Post by T Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:48 am

I find it comical, yet puzzling, that the Tea Partiers on the one hand, call Obama the "weakest president this country has ever elected", and on the other, a president so powerful he has destroyed America, i.e. the United States.

Lenny Hoy is reluctant to vote for his party's coronated leader, as he may be just another "my-way-or-the-highway president". It sounds like Tea Partiers are beginning to see the value of "compromise" in government, something they have abhorred since Obama's election.

********************************************************************************************************************************

L. Hoy: Arrogance in the White House

Letters | Saturday, September 19, 2015

I have been a tea partier since 2010 and my opposition to Obama is based on his character as a pathological liar and his determined efforts to weaken our country. At the same time, I'm wary of Trump.

I would offer one and only one comparison between Trump and Hitler: their route to power. After World War I, Germany was a mess: weakened, broke and rudderless. Hitler's initial appeal to the German electorate ran along these lines: "Elect me chancellor and I'll make Germany great again." America is also in a mess, not a mess imposed from without, but a mess created internally by her liberal elite. Trump's initial appeal to the American electorate runs along these lines: "Elect me president and I'll make America great again."

Now, there was nothing particular that history called Germany to be then or now other than "great." Germany was never anything "greater" as a concept than an ethnic/linguistic collection of Teutonic peoples who wanted a functional and dependable state.

America, on the other hand, is all about a collection of precious, central ideals: freedom, our God-given civil rights as citizens, free enterprise and the pursuit of individual happiness. Diverse peoples come here to partake of those ideals, to leave behind their Old World ways and join us in becoming this precious thing called "an American."

I don't want to vote for Trump and discover I've merely helped elect an arrogant, narcissistic my-way-or-the-highway president.

We've got one of those already.

Leonard Hoy, Greenwood

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down