Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LePig...Maine's "Bundy".

Go down

LePig...Maine's "Bundy". Empty LePig...Maine's "Bundy".

Post by T Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:01 am

Maybe LePig should grow a backbone and join the Bundy family in Nevada and Oregon  dunno ...or run to Canada like he did during the Vietnam War  whistling .

BTW...neither LePig nor the State of Maine owns the land in question.  The land is privately held...and, I thought the Tea Party wackos were all about property rights  dunno ?  

The "public" has no legal rights to Quimby's land.

Tea Party HYPOCRITES

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Gov. Paul LePig: North Woods land access threatened by 'federal takeover'

AUGUSTA — Citing concern of a “federal takeover,” Gov. Paul LePig announced Friday that the state will establish access to North Woods land that entrepreneur Roxanne Quimby wants to become a national park.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

LePig...Maine's "Bundy". Empty Re: LePig...Maine's "Bundy".

Post by T Thu May 26, 2016 4:58 am

Hey, LePig, if my "group" paid to reserve parking for its members, why would/should it allow people who are not members to park there?dunno

If you want your "antis" to attend the meeting, pay for your own damn parking.

You truly are an idiot.

******************************************************************************************************************************
Gov. LePage blasts UMaine for renting parking spaces to pro-national park group

LePig:
"(They) didn't allow parking for antis only pros"
TYLER:
"is that true?"
LePig:
Oh Yeah...
TYLER:
"I had not heard that."
LePig:
"It's actually true people weren't able to park in the area that was designated for the pro people."

WCSH6.com

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:06 am

Move ahead on North Woods Monument
by Richard Schmidt

As a lifelong resident of the Katahdin region, fully supportive of the proposed Maine Woods National Monument, I thank U.S. Sen. Angus King for hosting his meeting in Orono, helping further discussion about the proposal and the opportunities it would provide.

After graduating from Katahdin High School and before settling in Patten with my wife and children, I joined the Army. I wanted to do everything I could to protect the things I so value about this state and my country: the right to clean air, water and resources with which we have been so blessed here in Maine; the right to economic well-being; the right to quality education for our children; the rights to freedom of speech, to petition our elected officials and take part in our own government; the right to assembly.

Many of those values were on display when Sen. King and National Parks Service Director Jonathan Jarvis sat on stage for hours in front of people from every part of Maine — the 1,200 or so people who were there in support and the few dozen opposed.

Sen. King ensured that the conversation was respectful and that people for and against could share their views and ask questions.

U.S. Rep. Bruce Poliquin recently hosted an altogether different meeting in the Katahdin Region. He invited congressmen from Utah and Arkansas to come and listen to witnesses who are opposed, the only ones invited to testify, to the economic opportunity.

Despite the structure of Poliquin’s meeting, when the public was eventually allowed to, we spoke in favor of the monument — in overwhelming numbers. I kept track, as I hope Rep. Poliquin did, and there were about 50 people in favor, all of them from the Katahdin Region.

There were only a dozen opposed and some of them had traveled to the region from Augusta, representing lobbying groups opposed to the economic diversity and conservation this proposal could bring to our communities, region and state.

I thank Sen. King, Director Jarvis and even Rep. Poliquin for their meetings. But the time has come to take the next step. They have seen the support — overwhelming doesn’t really cover it — in the Katahdin Region and throughout Maine. Every day that they do not step boldly forward and tell the president that their constituents throughout Maine support this historic gift, each day that they do not tell the president that they support this historic gift is another foreclosed home, another empty locker at the start of the next school year, another pothole we cannot afford to fill and another day they make a choice about Maine’s future and their own place in history.

I fully support the creation of the Maine Woods National Monument and frankly, look forward to Patten acting as the gateway community for the thousands of people who will visit. Many will buy goods and services from our local small businesses; some moving here, revitalizing our tax bases, refilling our schools and helping ensure the things we love and value about our state and nation are protected forever.

Richard Schmidt III is chairman of the board of selectmen, town of Patten.

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:08 am

I guess LePig's "antis" couldn't afford to pay for their own parking whistling party

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Where do these right-wing, Tea Party, Republican, hypocrite wackos come from?  What don't you understand?  This is not your land.  This is not the State of Maine's land.  This land belongs to Quimby.  She can do as she pleases with her property.  Regardless of her motivations, if she wishes to donate it to the Federal Government, that's her business, NOT YOURS.

You're against Quimby donating the land because the state will lose tax revenue?  Diana, you're sounding more and more like a liberal Democrat every day.

******************************************************************************************************************************

Maine National Park
By DIANA CUMMINGS, Community Member, GREENWOOD — Sun, 06/19/2016 - 13:14

I would like to ask those that support this feel good legislation of creating a national park, who is going to replace the tax revenue lost to the Sate of Maine by taking this land out of the private sector and thus off the tax paying rolls? The Quimby's will not suffer as this proposal will ensure their former lands are preserved, their ultimate goal in purchasing them to begin with, but the people of Maine will forever suffer from the lack of the annual revenue generated by the taxes assessed by the State on what is now privately held land. A national park creates zero tax revenue as the land is no longer taxed by the state. The $20 million dollar "gift" by the Quimby's is meant to grease the skids in getting this proposal passed but really is a cheap way for the Quimby's to justify their goal, preserve the land forever but not have to pay any taxes on it forever. The State needs to reject both the land and the $20 million and continue to collect the taxes owed to the people of Maine from the Quimby's purchases. How about if the Quimby's take their $20 million and create their own "private park" where they would be able to control the access and charge admittance, while also paying the taxes owed to the people of Maine and future generations of Mainers.

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum