Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll bet Gail doesn't realize she contradicted herself

Go down

I'll bet Gail doesn't realize she contradicted herself Empty I'll bet Gail doesn't realize she contradicted herself

Post by T Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:04 am

If Gail truly believes in "one person, one vote", I'll bet she doesn't realize she contradicted herself.

******************************************************************************************************************************

'Nay' to popular vote for president

I just read "Electoral vote change in state?" (Sun Journal, Feb. 18). I am horrified. That cannot happen. I have voted in every election since I became old enough to vote, and I am 72.

It seems the Democrats in Maine are trying to disregard who I vote for. In the end, they want to give the state's electoral votes to the candidate with the most popular votes nationally. This means that huge states will have the final say in national elections. The Electoral College is there to prevent that situation.

Do people really want California to decide what happens to the votes in Maine? Maine has a say in presidential elections because of the one person, one vote rule. That prevents the large states from swallowing Maine up.

I believe in one person, one vote, period. If they are going to disregard my vote, why should I even vote? My vote would no longer count.

Such a change cannot be allowed to happen. Everyone in the whole state should be up in arms about it. There were a lot of words in the article and it was quite long, but the final result of the change would be to take my personal vote away, and that is against everything this great country stands for.

And, yes, I am a Republican, and I believe in everyone's rights. I don't believe anyone has the right to take away my rights in order to serve their own.

Gail Bennett, Turner

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

I'll bet Gail doesn't realize she contradicted herself Empty Re: I'll bet Gail doesn't realize she contradicted herself

Post by T Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:06 am

BTW...the Electoral College is also there to prevent crazy people from being elected president.

The Electoral College is a failure.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum