Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am offended

Go down

I am offended Empty I am offended

Post by T Sun May 14, 2017 9:16 pm

Conservatives are offensive
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
T
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Letters | Sunday, May 14, 2017

I am offended. I am offended every day by the conservative media’s biased rhetoric on Barack Obama, the former president of the United States, and Hillary Clinton.

I am offended that liberals are shouted down and not allowed to speak at Trumpery rallies.

I am offended by the inability of Republicans to work with Democrats.

I am offended by the total hypocrisy of the right. They didn't want James Comey, director of the FBI, fired when he reopened the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation eleven days before the election, and now they are celebrating the firing.

I am offended by the conservative talk-radio crowd and spouting vulgarities about the Obama and Clinton families.

I am offended every time a conservative opens his/her mouth.

I am offended by the complete disrespect of the law in all those Trumpery executive actions.

I am offended by neo-cons inciting war at every turn.

I guess I need a coloring book and a safe place to go ... if the narcissists have any left they are willing to share.

T, Rumford, ME

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

I am offended Empty Re: I am offended

Post by T Wed May 17, 2017 5:47 am

I liked this LTE.

Supplant petty partisanship

Barbara Payne  
Letters | Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I gather from Mary Jane Newell's letter (May 14) that she is offended by people practicing freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and other constitutional rights.

While she repeatedly excoriates the "liberal media," she may not realize that there are those who find Fox to be neither "news" nor "fair and balanced," but simply as a right-wing media outlet viewed by many to validate their own opinions and/or prejudices.

Then there are those that reach well beyond Fox for their validation, all the way to Breitbart, wild weekend tweets, Kellyanne's "alternative facts" and microwaves.

We all have prejudices, but I'd like to think that the majority of people confront them by opening their minds to truth, facts, and understanding, rather than wallowing in a frozen mindset. It is only by opening our minds and hearts that true patriotism will supplant such petty partisanship.

Barbara Payne, Norway

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri May 19, 2017 5:52 am

Me thinks Mary Jane needs a mirror.
By STANLEY E NEWELL, Community Member, Oxford — Wed, 05/17/2017 - 08:28

Barbara, I don;t think you read my editorial..or at least you didn;t understand it...I am all for free speech and on campuses too! (Liberals won;t allow it on college campuses) I am all for peaceful protests, (I am against rioting,,that is not protesting..that is criminal) The news media repeats lies every day about our President..And every one of them has been debunked,, If you haven;t realized yet that the media is liberal and biased, you have been hiding under a rock...I exercise free speech at least once a month. Thank God that the local news lets me voice my opinion..and it is just that, my opinion.. I am not going to change the world with my views but I have the right to voice them.. I have never called someone in the middle of the night and spouted vile rhetoric as I have been subjected to after one of my editorials.. I read them and agree or disagree, but everyone has a right to their own opinion...INDIVIDUAL OPINION>>> Not a herd mentality where every democrat speaks the same untruths...verbatim!

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum