Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh my god...

Go down

Oh my god... Empty Oh my god...

Post by T Thu May 25, 2017 5:10 am

Spot on!  applause
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stop the whining about media

David Griffiths  
Letters | Thursday, May 25, 2017

Question: How do you know President Trumpery is lying? Answer: His lips are moving.

Funny, huh? Sometimes I crack myself up.

Seriously, here’s an up-to-date definition of integrity: Trumpery voters who ask themselves, “What the hell was I thinking?”

Apparently, two recent letter writers haven’t gotten there yet. Mary Jane Newell is “offended” ad nauseam, beginning with the media’s bias against the Orange Crush. Thomas Shields, in lockstep Fox fashion, blames the “national media.”

That‘s just so much tired, recycled, thoughtless nonsense.

As a former member of the national media (covering national security for Business Week in the Reagan years), I promise you that what motivates journalists isn’t partisanship. It’s conflict.

So the press assigned its best people to the story when:

• The Vietnam War tore the country apart ... under a Democratic president.

• An Arkansas land deal, uncovered by the New York Times, looked so dirty that Congress insisted on a special prosecutor, forever staining the reputation ... of a Democratic president.

• A sex scandal rocked the White House and led to the impeachment ... of a Democratic president.

• Extremely careless misuse of an email server, first reported by the New York Times, mortally wounded the presidential campaign ... of a Democrat.

Let’s not confuse the messenger with the message — the conflict of a clueless, twitter-happy charlatan “leading” the world’s greatest continuing experiment in democracy.

So spare me the whining about the “liberal media,” OK? And for crying out loud, Fox isn’t “news.”

Dave Griffiths, Mechanic Falls

SJ Link

Copy & Paste: http://www.sunjournal.com/news/letters/2017/05/25/stop-whining-about-media/2135157

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Oh my god... Empty Re: Oh my god...

Post by T Thu May 25, 2017 5:18 am

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Fox News’ Neil Cavuto Calls Out Donald Trumpery: Stop Scapegoating. You Are The Problem.
“Mr. President, it is not the fake news media that’s your problem. It’s you.”

Fox News host Neil Cavuto devoted a segment on his Tuesday show to giving some “common sense” advice to President Donald Trumpery.

Following days of Twitter outbursts about “fake news” and London Mayor Sadiq Khan’s handling of the weekend’s deadly terrorist attack, Cavuto spoke directly to Trumpery. “Mr. President, it is not the fake news media that’s your problem. It’s you,” he said.

The host continued to call out the president for “scapegoating,” “feeding [his own] beast,” and “acting beastly with [his] own guys.” Cavuto criticized Trumpery for alienating members of his own party and creating the very distractions he blames for derailing his presidential agenda. He then urged the president to listen to his once-friendly allies.

“Use these critiques you’re now hearing from usually friendly and supportive allies as sort of like an intervention,” Cavuto suggested. “Because firing off these angry missives and tweets risk your political destruction.”

Cavuto summed up his comments by telling the president that his critics are not the issue. “They’re not the problem, Mr. President,” he said. “Like I said, these days, you are.”

Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum