Republican hypocrisy just gags me...

Go down

Republican hypocrisy just gags me...

Post by T on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Republican hypocrisy just gags me.  When the Democrats called for recounts in Florida (actually, the recount was MANDATED by law), what did the Republicans say?

VOTER FRAUD!!!  The Democrats are trying to STEAL the election!  Corrupt Democrats!!  Senator Nelson is clearly trying to commit fraud to try to win this election! Vote-rigging!!  Rigged!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bruce Poliquin: Recount is about fairness, not who wins or loses

PORTLAND (AP) — Republican U.S. Rep. Bruce Poliquin says a recount in his failed re-election bid is necessary to make sure every vote is counted by hand under Maine’s new election system.

He formally requested a recount on Monday.

Poliquin: “this is not about who wins or loses this election"

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3840
Registration date : 2008-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Republican hypocrisy just gags me...

Post by T on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:20 am

Article. I.

Section. 4.

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

The Congress shall assemble at least once in every Year, and such Meeting shall be on the first Monday in December, unless they shall by Law appoint a different Day.

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:29 pm

What is wrong with you Republicans??  Voter fraud! Voter fraud! Voter fraud!  If that doesn't work, just make things up.  Poliquin sure has learned from Trumpery.  You Republicans make me gag.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bruce Poliquin gets the numbers wrong about blank ballots in 2nd District race

Poliquin: There are thousands and thousands of underballots that have been put aside. That is very, very unusual. In a typical race there might be a few hundred ballots that are left blank.  But here, there’ve been thousands and thousands of underballots. And how do you deal with those? That’s an issue.

Reality

Voters in this election cast more ballots indicating a preference in Poliquin’s race than they did in both 2014 and 2016, the two races Poliquin won.

Rob Richie, president of Fair Vote, a group devoted to overhauling the way American election operate, said numbers distributed by Maine’s Secretary of State’s Office showed there were more than twice as many blank votes in the 2016 congressional contest as there were this year (Poliquin won, so apparently it wasn't an issue for him then. What a surprise!).

Statistics show in 2014, when Poliquin was first elected, 11,532 voters in the district who cast ballots but did not select anyone in the congressional race. Two years ago, there were 12,703 voters who did not make a pick in the congressional race when Poliquin defeated Democrat Emily Cain.

This year, 6,018 ballots were cast by voters who left the congressional race blank on their ballots.

SJ Link

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by T on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:37 am

RCV is simple.

If a majority of voters don't vote for you, you don't get elected.

A plurality is not always a majority.

With RCV, who we send to Washington will always have the support of the majority.

Those who are against RCV do not support majority rule.

Simple

T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down