Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favorite swimming spot? (2 comments)

Go down

What's your favorite swimming spot? (2 comments) Empty What's your favorite swimming spot? (2 comments)

Post by C Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Sunday, June 1, 2008
What's your favorite swimming spot?
Hey, let's open the discussion to our favorite swimming spots - ponds, lakes, rivers, frog ponds etc. What places do you think are the best to direct friends from out of the area to? Which places hold your best memories? Why are they wonderful? My personal favorite is Roxbury Pond, Silver Lake, Ellis Pond, but I also like Weld and Worthley for different reasons. Anyone wanna chime in?

xmashen
Posted by Rumford Free Press at Sunday, June 01, 2008
Labels: Community building
2 comments:

Rumford Free Press said...

Great idea xmashen! My favorite is 3 pools on the Swift River. Playing under the waterfall is a blast. Watch the little one though!
June 1, 2008 4:30 PM
Dave said...

3 Pools is my favorite. The natural whirlpool in the bottom pool is great. You can even catch little fishies against the big rock.

Black Bridge used to be fun, although I haven't been there in 20years. I still can't believe I used to jump and/or dive off that thing, even when the river is low.

And how can you not put Coos Canyon in the running? I don't know what the present access issues are, but it used to be a great place to hang out. I'll never forget watching some of the crazy locals climb the other side, then climb a tree, get it swinging, and catapult off at the exact right time to clear the ledges in the water on that side. Completely crazy.

Devil's Den in Andover is fun at night. The Covered Bridge in Andover is a great place to take the family for a lazy afternoon.

Worthley Pond has pristine water quality and is a great place to swim if you have access to a camp. Webb Lake is the most scenic.
June 1, 2008 7:35 PM

This is a relocated blog entry along with it's posted
comments. Please feel free to add additional comments to this subject in our
new forum format.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down