Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer Involved Shooting In Rumford

4 posters

Go down

Officer Involved Shooting In Rumford Empty Officer Involved Shooting In Rumford

Post by Big Jim Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:32 pm

The River Valley Sun has the most accurate and up-to-date information on the officer involved shooting in Rumford. From the word aound town, it sounds like Eric Richard committed suicide and was not shot by the Warden who found him. Word around town is that Eric was dispondent and waving a gun around outside his house scaring the crap out of the neighbors. Rumford police were called to help and botched the situation as usual. Eric ended up in the woods and the State Police and Wardens were called in. Rumford Cops were told to go home and leave it to the professionals. When the warden found Eric he carried out his suicide threat and shot himself. We will all have to wait for River Valley Sun to get the whole story for us to know the facts since they are the only reliable source for accurate unbiased information. http://rivervalleysun.com/2941/officer_involved_shooting_in_rumford/

Big Jim

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

Officer Involved Shooting In Rumford Empty Re: Officer Involved Shooting In Rumford

Post by T Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

You, Big Jim, and the River Valley Sun rag are wrong...as usual.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Officer Involved Shooting In Rumford Empty Re: Officer Involved Shooting In Rumford

Post by Big Jim Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:16 pm

How's that T? River Valley Sun up to date. And it appears to be a suicide by cop. That would make both the River Valley Sun and Big Jim Correct as usual.

Big Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Big Jim wrote:From the word around town, it sounds like Eric Richard committed suicide and was not shot by the Warden who found him.

Big Jim wrote:When the warden found Eric he carried out his suicide threat and shot himself.

Need I say any more?

Not ONE reputable news outlet has reported that Officer Richard committed suicide. Only Big Jim and the River Valley Sun.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jim Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Seems as though that would make the "word around town" wrong, not River Valley Sun or me.

I feel so sorry for this young Maine Warden. It is terrible when an officer is forced to discharge his weapon and when he is forced to do so at a suicidal administrative member of a police department he knows, it is even worse. Suicide is terrible for family and friends, suicide by cop adds the cop who must shoot to protect himself and/or the public as another victim. In this case it is even sadder since Warden Judd probably knew Mr. Richard at least in passing from running into him while Mr. Richard worked in the office of RPD and the Warden attend court at town hall.

Hopefully the investigation will be completed quickly clearing Warden Judd and he will receive any needed counseling and support he needs so he can quickly, safely, and comfortably return to work.

Best wishes to Warden Judd, his family, and collegues during this difficult time.

Big Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:53 pm

Obviously, the River Valley Sun doesn't check its sources and neither do you. That makes what you and the River Valley Sun posts/publishes nothing more than unreliable gossip.

The two of you should be proud.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jim Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:01 pm

If you have information other than what is being provided by the Medical Examiner through the Attorney General and Attorney General I am sure everyone would like to know it. From what I have seen on River Valley Sun it is the Press Releases directly from the Attorney General's Office and the answer to an inquiry as to what caused the Troopers and Wardens to be searching the woods in the first place.

Do you know something that the Attorney General's Office and Medical Examiner have not told?

Big Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jim Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:02 pm

If you have information you might want to get in touch with River Valley Sun to tell your story. They don't edit so you could tell your story your way.

Big Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:30 pm

You don't get it, do you Big Jim?

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jim Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:34 pm

What is it that I don't get? Again, I ask you to share what you know that apparently most of the rest of the town, the AG, and the ME do not.

Big Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Big Jim, YOU posted here that Officer Richard shot himself. No matter your source of information, YOU are wrong and are nothing more than a gossip.

You don't get it. I'm done with you.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jim Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:32 pm

I wrote, "The word around town is. . ." Then I wrote, "We will have to wait for River Valley Sun to get the whole story for us to know the facts since they are the only reliable source for accurate unbiased information." And included the link to RiverValleySun.com coverage of the "Officer Involved Shooting in Rumford" which is a hell of a lot more accurate for a headline than the TV stations have been running.

I don't get how stating what "The word around town is" when it is identified as such and what the AG and Medical Examiner are releasing is gossip. I've seen you make a lot of malicious claims about people with nothing to back them up on this board. When the man's neighbors say he was waving a gun around and scaring the crap out of them, that isn't gossip, it is the statement of someone who was there and experienced it. Are you calling the witnesses liars? And if you are on what do you base your claim that they are lying? Where you there? Do you know what happened first hand? If you do know first hand, how about telling us because people really would like to know the whole truth.

Big Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:21 pm

"Word around town" is gossip.

"River Valley Sun" is, again, gossip.

Both are uninformed, inaccurate, and unreliable.

"We will have to wait for River Valley Sun to get the whole story for us to know the facts since they are the only reliable source for accurate unbiased information" means we will have to either get the story from a reliable news source, or forever remain at the mercy of gossip mongering.

Big Jim, you posted gossip and rumor. Plain and simple. You cited a source that is known for unfounded gossip. Maybe you should re-examine your sources.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:24 am

Hey Big Jim,

Not only is the information you posted inaccurate, it was also callous and mean spirited. I'm sure everyone at the RPD is in a great deal of pain over this. The last thing they need is insensitive, misinformed comments.

You clearly have no idea what really happened and you made things up to suit your needs or followed some sort of rumors. I'm pretty sickened by what you wrote. I think you owe the RPD an apology here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jim Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:45 pm

I see the "reputable newspapers" came around to the officer committed suicide that was going around town.

Big Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Eric Richard was shot and killed by Game Warden Jeremy Judd. Eric Richard did not commit suicide. If you and your rumormongers are implying that this was an example of "suicide by cop", no one will ever know. Leave the Richard family alone.

Big Jim wrote:I see the "reputable newspapers" came around to the officer committed suicide that was going around town.
...if what you mean is that the "reputable newspapers" waited for facts (unlike the River Valley Sun) before publishing, well yes.

Why are you bringing this up again? No new rumors to spread?

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down