Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Mr. McCaffrey Scrooge?

2 posters

Go down

Is Mr. McCaffrey Scrooge? Empty Is Mr. McCaffrey Scrooge?

Post by T Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:06 pm

That makes sense, NOT...
By Ed McCaffrey, verified user — Thu, 12/22/2011 - 00:52

“In the town policy, they get the day before Christmas and Christmas for a holiday,".
Since they have both of those days off already because they fall on a weekend this year, why does that entitle those people to two extra days off as well? The rest of us have to work, some of us even on Saturday and Sunday.
The way I see it, the town lucked out, and shouldn't have to pay for those holidays this year and so what do they do??? Give the employees two OTHER paid holiday instead. The same goes for New Years, the holiday is Sunday, not Monday. Another paid day off for town employees.

SJ Link

Mr. McCaffrey, these are not “two extra” or "OTHER" paid days off. Had Christmas fallen on a Friday or Monday this year, town employees would have had the same number of days off. Employees are not paid for weekends. You’re argument is specious and based in bitterness.

The town employees are not entitled. The policy/agreement between the town and its employees was negotiated in good faith (something apparently you are not familiar with), and allows for these two holidays regardless of when the fall. It just so happens they fall on a weekend this year. Would you have town employees forfeit a benefit simply due to the calendar?

I suppose you would. Or, maybe you would prefer they just die, and reduce the surplus government.

Mr. McCaffrey, I have some recommended reading for you: Link

Merry Christmas

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Is Mr. McCaffrey Scrooge? Empty Re: Is Mr. McCaffrey Scrooge?

Post by Admin Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:56 am

Good choice for suggested reading T.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum