Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you believe this moron?

Go down

Can you believe this moron? Empty Can you believe this moron?

Post by T Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Classic example of "figures don’t Lie, but liars do figure". What really scares me is, I think he believes what he saying. The people I grew up with in Rumford would just call him a "Dumb Frenchman" and ignore him. But, he's hard to ignore. You must admit though, he's becoming more and more entertaining everyday! party

Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Can you believe this moron? Empty Re: Can you believe this moron?

Post by T Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:51 pm

In a July 19 letter to LePage, MSMA Executive Director Dale Douglass asserted that the governor left out some relevant information from the Harvard report, which analyzed data from the National Assessment of Educational Progress.

In an association bulletin also dated July 19, which Douglass provided to the governor along with his letter, MSMA argued that LePage’s “recent criticism of Maine schools leaves out some facts on student achievement … most notably that students here are achieving well above the national average.”

Maine ranks in the top tier on the test the Harvard report cited, according to MSMA. Though Maine has not made big gains in test scores in recent years, the Harvard report notes that status “could be a result, in part, of the state’s early success.”

“Given the tone and nature of your (LePage) comments,” Douglass wrote the governor, “MSMA believed it worthwhile to do factual research concerning Maine’s rankings. We ask that you (LePage) read and review this material carefully.”

“Clearly you (LePage) continue to be driven by the four educational associations’ opposition to your charter [school] and choice legislation,” Douglass wrote.

In the bulletin publication, MSMA said, “The bottom line is that charter schools will take away badly needed funding from public schools even though research shows they will not improve student achievement.”

SJ Link

FYI - The MSMA is in no way a supporter of the NEA and MEA. They play adversarial roles, if anything.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Just another example.

""I am not refusing to authorize the sale of bonds, I fully intend to do so when it is fiscally prudent." Link

This is PC speech for NEVER!

BTW...these funds were already approved.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down