Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW! LePage is onto something...

Go down

WOW! LePage is onto something... Empty WOW! LePage is onto something...

Post by T Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm

"These states are making changes. The grades and the scoring is going up; the cost has been stabilized. Like for instance, Florida, 2.7 million children, K through 12, 56 superintendents; state of Maine, 185,000 students, 127 superintendents."

SJ Link

************************************************************************************************

This statement is not a lie, but it's extremely misleading, and LePage knows it.

"Like for instance", Volusia County, Florida.  It has approximately 62,000 students and one superintendent. That's a 62,000 to 1 ratio compared with Maine's 1,456 to 1 ratio. (Note: I chose Volusia County because LePage has a home there [Ormond, Beach] and steals a lot of his ideas from VCS).  

WOW! LePage is onto something... until you dig a little deeper.  

You see, LePage doesn't tell you about all of the "Assistant Superintendents", "Deputy Superintendents" and "Area Superintendents" that Volusia County Schools employs that Maine does not.

LePage doesn't tell you about all of the "Executive Assistants", "Administrative Secretaries", and "Coordinators" that Volusia County Schools employs that Maine does not.

LePage doesn't tell you about all of the "Directors", "Executive Directors", and "Assistant Directors" that Volusia County, Florida employs that Maine does not.  

Volusia County Schools is just one of Florida's many school districts.  Volusia's administrative model is used throughout the state of Florida.

You factor these and other positions in and the ratio LePage hyperventilates about is dramatically reduced.

LePage is just another blow-hard politician who intentionally manipulates the facts to mislead the people in order to further his agenda.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

WOW! LePage is onto something... Empty Re: WOW! LePage is onto something...

Post by T Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:09 pm

LePage:

"The reason I have a terrible relationship with the newspapers is their lack of accuracy, their lack of fact checking.

"Honesty is very, very important to me, and it just seems people can say and do what they want without being honest, and I have a problem with that."

lol!

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:15 pm

LePage:

"He (Sen. Troy Jackson) tried to throw my wife and ill mother-in-law on the streets, and that's just personal. He said it's nothing personal. Bullshituhoh, that's very personal. Taking my pension awayapplause and selling the Blaine HouseLaughing, which they didn't own, is pretty personal."

party

BTW...LePage has repeatedly attempted and has partially succeeded in taking public employee's pensions away.  What's good for the goose, is good for the gander LePage.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down