Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Typical Tea Party Tactic

2 posters

Go down

Typical Tea Party Tactic Empty Typical Tea Party Tactic

Post by T Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:00 am

Passions flared Thursday night between selectmen and police Chief Stacy Carter over a request for a proposal from Oxford County Sheriff Wayne Gallant for town police coverage.

In the end, the board voted 4-1 to support seeking a proposal from Gallant.

At the board's meeting Aug. 21, Selectman Mark Belanger asked that a request for a proposal be placed on Thursday night's agenda. He said the request came from the Municipal Resources Police Subcommittee that is gathering information for a study on consolidating Mexico and Rumford.

Not True

"If the committee as a whole requested that, I would support it, but this is coming from you," Adley said, pointing with both hands at Belanger who was seated beside him.

Typical Tea Party Tactic.  The ends always justify the means.  They will do anything to circumvent the process to advance their agenda. After-all, they know better.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Typical Tea Party Tactic Empty Re: Typical Tea Party Tactic

Post by T Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:03 am

Excellent summary by Kevin Saisi

bad process
By JOYCE SAISI, Community Member, Rumford — Fri, 09/05/2014 - 00:08

Since the request came from only one person on the committee, the request should have been sent back to the committee for their vote and input as to the details of the request. By approving this as they did, the selectboard circumvented the committee and established that it is okay for rogue members of a board to act on their own. Such actions by the rogue member have resulted in reprimand of board members in the past, as they violate the Charter, state law and basic rules of procedure.

Post by Kevin Saisi

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:33 pm

Frankie calling out Belanger...party

"And some members are attempting to make changes that come from others that are not members."

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:31 pm

"It's important to have everything out in the open," Belanger said. bounce lol!

ahh...only when you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar!  whistling  party

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:28 am

Kevin,Kevin, Kevin
By FRANK DICONZO, Community Member, Rumford — Mon, 09/08/2014 - 10:06

Did you have to pull out your dictionary for the word circumvented? There are no rogue members. We are working together for the common good. You made your brownie points with the chief, now let us do what we were elected to do. Look at all options and move on.

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:03 am

Hmmmm...
By JOYCE SAISI, Community Member, Rumford — Mon, 09/08/2014 - 21:44

Post by Kevin Saisi

Interesting to know that you think I need to score brownie points with the Chief..... that says a lot about what you think of his character and mine. My comments reflected my belief that our town leaders should follow proper procedure and not just do what they think should be done. Since the request did not come from a vote of the committee, it is a private request from Mr. Belanger, and should have been referred back to the committee for their endorsement. Based upon your actions, it would be acceptable for me to come to the board with a request from the Comprehensive Plan Implementation committee without consulting them. You have set a precedent, one that leads to chaos and turmoil.

Post by Kevin Saisi

Kevin, that's what the Tea Party wants, chaos and turmoil.  Its goal is to obstruct and destroy anything they believe to be the "big, bad government", from local to federal.  They'll do or say anything, including fabricating their own "facts", to meet that goal.

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jim Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:09 pm

I got it from Candice Casey appointed by the Rumford Board and Randy Canwell appointed by the Mexico board that the police subcommittee did ask for a proposal from Wayne. I got a peek at the proposal thanks to Candice. It was just a one page letter. It would save half a million dollars the first year and 800 grand the second. Municipal resources has been covering Carters backside saying Mexico should contract with far more expensive Rumford hiring the mexico officers giving them a raise. That would cost both Rumford and Mexico taxpayers even more. Time to go with the sheriff, save some real money and get the better coverage with that plan.

Big Jim

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:12 pm

You got it from Candice Casey? lol!

T

Back to top Go down