Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Buffoon does it again!

Go down

Le Buffoon does it again! Empty Le Buffoon does it again!

Post by T Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:05 pm

AUGUSTA – The re-election campaign for Gov. Paul LePage announced Sunday afternoon that LePage, a Republican, would participate in five scheduled debates.

“This decision has come after much reflection over the past week on the value in debating Congressman Michael Michaud, who has continually been dishonest with the Maine people about Governor LePage’s stance on Social Security,” a press release issued by LePage 2014 stated.

In a press release issued in June, LePage said the Bureau of Economic Analysis was inflating personal income figures with “welfare” payments, including Social Security, according to a previously published report.

“Congressman Michaud has always thought that the governor would debate once he got over his temper tantrum,” she (Lizzy Reinholt, communications director for Michaud for Maine) said Sunday in an email.

LePage said he would not take part in debates unless Michaud’s campaign apologized. On Friday, the governor told reporters he would attend the debates but would not take the stage.  rage

“While I (LePage  drunken ) hoped he (Michaud) would come around and tell the truth prior to the debates, it appears he does not have the character that I once thought he had,” the governor said.

Link to 6/25/2014 press release

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Le Buffoon does it again! Empty Re: Le Buffoon does it again!

Post by T Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Below is taken directly from LePage's 6/25/2014 press release:

The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) claims the other five New England states saw higher personal income growth than Maine, but that growth was driven by an increase in welfare benefits, especially in the form of Medicaid expansion. The BEA conceals welfare benefits by calling them “Personal Current Transfer Receipts.”

These “Transfer Receipts” include: Social Security benefits; Medicare payments; Medicaid; and state unemployment insurance benefits.

“It doesn’t matter what liberals call these payments, it is welfare, pure and simple,” said Governor LePage. uhoh

Last edited by T on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:27 pm

I so hope Michaud takes LePage to task on this issue.  I'd love to watch Le Buffoon make an a$$ of himself on stage.  But, I doubt Michaud will... unless of course, Le Buffoon  jocolor  is stupid enough to bring it up himself.  whistling

If LePage had come out immediately, admitted he made a mistake with the wording in his press release and apologized, there would have been no issue.  Personally, I don't believe LePage thinks SS and Medicare are welfare. But, Le Buffoon geek  just can't admit he made a mistake.  He's Mr. Right!

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down