Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, which is it? Failing or Robust?

Go down

So, which is it? Failing or Robust? Empty So, which is it? Failing or Robust?

Post by T Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:50 am

One of the things I heard repeatedly over the weekend from the Republican leadership was, we should divert our attention from the Obama Trumpery Tower "bugging" and Trumpery's Russian ties, to helping Trumpery and the Republicans jump start the country's failing economy.

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from my Chase Private Client advisor regarding the Federal Reserve increasing the "federal funds rate". An analysis was provided by Anthony Chan, PHD - Chief economist for JP Morgan Chase.  Included in his report were the following statements:

Chan: We believe that the Fed is likely to raise short-term rates two more times this year, for a total of three rate hikes, due to robust growth in the U.S. and global economies. Our estimate for global economic growth is 3.5%, with the U.S. growing 2.2%, Europe approaching 2.0% and Japan growing 1.25%.

Chan: Also, progress toward full employment and higher inflation were key factors. Last Friday, the U.S. unemployment rate fell to 4.7% (a level that the Fed believes is at or near full employment) and in early March the personal consumption deflator (the Fed’s preferred measure of inflation) came in at +1.9% on a year-over-year basis. Fed Chair Yellen recently echoed this progress in her comments to the “Executives Club of Chicago” by stating that the economy has essentially met the employment portion of our mandate and inflation is moving closer to our 2%
objective.

So, which is it? Failing or Robust? dunno

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum