Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president

+2
KevinNSaisi
T
6 posters

Go down

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president Empty Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president

Post by T Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president

"But I firmly believe that at this point in America's history, we need a president that will not just continue, even with a new face and with the changes and with some maverick aspects, who will not just continue basically the policies that we have been following in recent years," [Colin] Powell said.

"I think we need a transformational figure. I think we need a president who is a generational change and that's why I'm supporting Barack Obama, not out of any lack of respect or admiration for Sen. John McCain." - Colin Powell

Powell also expressed disappointment in the negative tone of McCain's campaign, his choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as a running mate and McCain's and Palin's decision to focus in the closing weeks of the contest on Obama's ties to 1960s-era radical William Ayers. - FOX News

He [Powell] said McCain's choice of Palin raised questions about judgment.
"I don't believe she's ready to be president of the United States," Powell said. - FOX News

FOXNews.com

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president Empty Re: Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president

Post by KevinNSaisi Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:19 pm

He also indicated that the Iraq was was a wrong decision. He stated that he didn't take into account other sources of information.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president Empty Re: Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president

Post by C Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:58 pm

I wish Powell or Gore would have run for presidency. They both have endorsed Obama which will have to be good enough for me.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:16 pm

Colin wouldn't even take a cabinet position if it were offered to him. He has been there, and taken the lumps for towing the line. I am pleased to see him speaking against the Iraq war....something he should have done before it started. Colin knew there were no WMDs in Iraq. He knew that we had no reason to go in there. He knew, and should have faught it. But instead, he went along with the president, because that's what you do in that position.

Colin knows how dangerous the Bush policies are for our country. He knows that McCain will continue with the Bush Doctrine. That is why he is endorsing Obama.

That's my opinion...we welcome yours Smile
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:59 pm

oh, come on.... he just endorsed him because he's black! (joke). I think there are very few Americans who do not respect the integrity of Colin Powell and appreciate the strength and and wisdom he's given our country through some very tough times, despite having been deliberately misled on the invasion of Iraq. He could have run for president and stood a good chance and there would have been no second guessing his patriotism, religion, terrorist " ties" , etc, etc. I am thrilled that this brave REPUBLICAN has the personal courage to endorse Obama. To me he symbolizes the concept of non-partisanship when it comes to the good of the country.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:07 pm

Just an election question and I'm curious and have no complaints one way or the other, but it looked like a McCain/Palin banner ad on this blog today. What was that? A commercial or political decision by admin, or some kind of Google-imposed thingie? The pols are spending money enough possibly to save us from the looming Depression and it wouldn't be a bad idea if local bloggers got a few cents from it all.

Phil Blampied

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by C Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Phil- I haven't seen any banner ads... On what page did you see it? The only ads I've not had any choice about (that I know of) are the small affiliate buttons for forumotion and brothersoft which are on the portal page. I had trouble getting on here earlier. Perhaps the forum host was having some glitches, please let me know if you see them again.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by T Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Phil Blampied wrote:A commercial or political decision by admin, or some kind of Google-imposed thingie?

It's a Google thingie. Google has software that detects topics imbedded in the discussion which then develops related ads.

There were a bunch of "sex offender" related ads the other day due to the RPD Crime Bulletin discussion.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:48 pm

....but, I don't see any banner ads today.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:14 pm

If you visit the site without logging in, you'll see the banner ads by Google.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:49 pm

If they're placing ads based on keywords, let's try an experiment. I have often wondered how I can work at home and make thousands of dollars in my spare time in only a few hours a week. Do you know anywhere I can get free information on this kind of unbelieveable opportunity at no obligation? I am also eagerly looking for former high school classmates, including the girl I never got to ask out. Wondering about remedies for baldness, too ...

Phil Blampied

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by T Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:11 pm

Google’s AdSense popularized online contextual advertising, where
sponsored links appear on the page with information similar to the
content of the page you are viewing.

From Wikipedia:

Contextual advertising
is a form of targeted advertising for advertisements appearing on websites or other media, such as content displayed in mobile browsers. The advertisements themselves are selected and served by automated systems based on the content displayed to the user.

Contextual advertising is targeted to the specific individual visiting
a website (or page within a website). A contextual advertising system
scans the text of a website for keywords and returns advertisements to the webpage based on what the user is viewing.[1] The advertisements may be displayed on the webpage or as pop-up ads.
For example, if the user is viewing a website pertaining to sports and
that website uses contextual advertising, the user may see
advertisements for sports-related companies, such as memorabilia
dealers or ticket sellers. Contextual advertising is also used by search engines to display advertisements on their search results pages based on the keywords in the user's query.

Google AdSense was the first major contextual advertising program. It works by providing webmasters with JavaScript
code that, when inserted into webpages, displays relevant
advertisements from the Google inventory of advertisers. The relevance
is calculated by a separate Google bot, Mediabot,
that indexes the content of a webpage. Recent technology/service
providers have emerged with more sophisticated systems that use
language-independent proximity pattern matching algorithm to increase
matching accuracy.[2]
Since the advent of AdSense, Yahoo! Publisher Network, Microsoft adCenter, Ad-in-Motion and others have been gearing up to make similar offerings.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:12 pm

Okay Phil...good luck with all that...lol
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down