Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reports unconfirmed

+2
Jennifer Stowell Norris
KevinNSaisi
6 posters

Go down

Reports unconfirmed Empty Reports unconfirmed

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Today I was informed that a certain Financial Serrvices office on Congress Street was going to be closing. A source indicates that building costs cont contributed to the decision. Not being one to rely upon one sole source for information, I checked it with someone who is closer to the situation. I was informed that there has been no statement nor indication of said closure at this time.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Reports unconfirmed Empty Re: Reports unconfirmed

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:01 am

Then why didn't you keep all this to yourself? Why bring it up at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:12 am

The rumor is out there. I heard the rumor, researched the validity and posted the results. I was not spreading the rumor as valid, I was clarifying that it is not valid according to those close to the business. Also, please note I did not identify which agency.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Reports unconfirmed Empty Summit Insurance and Financial Services is Open for Business Kevin

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:28 pm

Despite what Kevin's "anonymous sources" are telling him. He is starting yet another rumor to stir the pot. Summit Insurance and Financial Services is open for business and isn't going any where. Although, Western Maine Mortgage has been discontinued due to the poor economy and real estate issues. They just were not getting enough business to keep that part of the business operational. Despite what some might say about Ron, he is a very good man, with a very good heart and will be one of my best friends til the day I die. So, Kevin, please stop spreading rumors just because Ron kicked you off his property for acting like a fool. You scared him and you scared the others who were present that day to witness your behavior. Come on, they called the police on you that day to have you removed from the property. I think you owe Al, Ron, and all the others an apology. They have a right to express their views even if they are not in agreement with you and may be a little offensive.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Jennifer,
I don't know what you were told, but I was responding to some illegal racist comments made by a person in Al's shop that rose to the same level as the sign at the Oak Hill General Store in Standish. When Ron asked me to leave for being too loud, I did so without incident. He interpreted my expression of frustration as an aggressive move toward him. I never even knew the police were called until later when I was walking through the hall of the bottom floor of the Municipal Building. An officer hollered out to me that he needed to speak with me. He informed me of Ron's request that I not return to the property, and provided me with an order to stay away. When I informed the officer of the racist remarks against a presidential candidate, he indicated that it was freedom of speech. I informed him that the U.S. Secret Service sees things differently. Later, when I recieved a copy of the incident report, there was no mention of the illegal activity that occurred contributing to my response.

You and I both know that Ron had stopped talking with me long before this incident. I have spoken with Al since that day and apologized for my outburt. Al has no problem with me and only complies with Ron's request to have me kept from his shop out iof respect for Ron. Al has already offered to cut my hair off premisis.

As for my comment regarding a financial services agency closing, I did not start a rumor. I had heard a rumor, and presuming that others had as well, I checked it out and attempted to quell the rumor. I did not identify the agency, and will neither acknowledge nor confirm that I meant Ron's business. I appreciate that you share philosophies with Ron, and diverse viewpoints are important in a country such as ours. However, a difference of opinion does not necessitate that one attack those with whom he/she disagrees. I know that such tactics have been the norm in our community the past few years, but it is time we play nice. No part of my comments regarding the financial services business rumor were intended to be attacking anyone, and I apologize if they were mis-construed.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:21 am

I read the initial post 5 times. The first 4 times I thought the business was closing. The 5th time I realize that the post is about saying someone doesn't know something and whatever it is, it is unconfirmed...I agree with whoever asked why bring it up...lol... can't believe I spent that much time trying to figure it out. That'll teach me!
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:21 am

Timeout,
You are a smart person with a vast vocabulary. I can see no reason for your not being able to understand what was said.

1. there was a rumor of a closure
2. the closure was attributed to heating costs
3. I don't rely upon one source
3. I checked it out
4. It wasn't true

There it is translated into plain english. Rolling Eyes
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:28 am

Thanks for the compliment...hey, did you see an 800 lb. gorilla around here anywhere?
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:29 am

I don't weigh THAT much!! Smile
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:31 am

Lol...any more figgy pudding and I will...I mean chocolate.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:01 am

Not even close. Most people exaggerate their weight. My mother, who weighs maybe 110 lbs, thinks she is fat. All of these TV commercials for people like me have an effect on the normal population as well. They make people self conscious. This is why some teenage girls suffer from boulemia and anarexia. There are different body types, and a Rosie O'Donnell is never going to look like Christie Brinkley. Our media has traditionally glorified the swimsuit models, even though few people have the body structure to look like that.

There are a number of factors that contribute to a person's weight. Some, such as a person's metabolism, can be changed a little for some, but not for others. Physical Activity plays an important role in maintaining weight and boosting metabolism. Unfortunately, for those with extreme weight problems, activity can be a challenge. Many of those of us who live in the northern part of the country have a similar problem when the temperature drops. we become less active due to an avoidance to the cold. Luckily, mother nature provides us with an exercise opportunity every few days in the winter, but then people buy snow blowers, diminishing the exercise opportunity.

Eating patterns can be affected by a number of factors.

"Routine eating" is one of the biggest unidentified problems. People often eat based upon a time schedule or based upon the environment. For example, the child who comes home from school and needs a snack, the worker who visits the vending machine on his/her break, or the lounge lizzard who goes out to a bar looking to hook up with someone. They all are in situations where food is made available to them outside of the normal meal times. Too often they eat more than their bodies need, which brings up Thanksgiving. This year I limited myself to one serving. Many people use the great feast as an excuse to eat until you can see the mashed potatoes behind their eyeballs.

Stress can be another contributor to weight gain. Those "comfort foods" are delicious, but not healthy. I enjoy a chocolate bar once in a while, but I know people with a baske to minis on their dining room table 365 days a year. This is a case of "if you provide it, they will snack". As our lives become more stressful, some take comfort in mastication (chewing). If our lives feel empty, we feel better if our stomachs are not.

Okay, I have gone off topic far enough. I will stop now.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:05 am

OMG! Kevin, didn't you get the last memo that said never talk about women's underwear? Well that applies to weight, what we eat, etc., etc. All you're supposed to say is - you look great...no really...you really, really do...lol...

Also, chocolate is sacred ground. Don't go there.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:20 am

See, that is why I don't get married, too many rules!! If I am mandated to lie to someone, I cannot be in a relationship with them.

Those old victorian rules went out with women's liberation. If you want to be treated equally, than you will be treated equally in all respects. Smile
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by C Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:05 am

I agree, I'd be appalled if I really looked a fright and was told I looked great- really. I've learned the truth is fine so long as delivered tactfully... well, then again- some people don't see it as tact...
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:09 am

C - if your avitar is anything like what you look like...well...I guess I'm going to have to stick with tactful silence...
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by C Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:31 am

Awww- does my butt look big????
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:32 am

Well, you have a really cute hat on?
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Looks like C is having a good time to me.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:21 pm

C wrote:Awww- does my butt look big????

No one in his or her right mind would touch that line. Smile

steve

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down