Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

re: agenda

4 posters

Go down

re: agenda Empty re: agenda

Post by xmashen Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:09 pm

JSN was officially moved onto two additional boards by a 5-0 vote. she now sits on 4 boards/committees. I am not sure if this is legal ...(Kevin, please chime in here), but it certainly is too much. This is a person who has shown nothing but contempt for much of the town and appears to harbor personal and public grudges that should disqualify her from sitting on most of the boards.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

re: agenda Empty Re: re: agenda

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Jennifer is on the Finance Committee which is a permanent (charter/Bylaw based) entity. She is also on the Med-Care Board as an Alternate. Med-Care is a quasi-municipal entity and not considered a town committee/board. I believe she is on the now-defunct Downtown Revitalization Committee, which is not a permanent committee, but more of a task force for a specific purpose. She is also on the Economic Development committee which is also a task force for a specific purpose. I know it is confusing with the different types of boards.

Essentially, the Med-Care appointment doesn't count, and the two task-force type committees are not included either. If she had wanted to be on the Finance Committee and any of the following: Park Commission, Planning Board, Appeals Board, Assessors, or Library Board; it would not be permitted. I am unsure about the water district, but I believe she could be on that as well.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:36 pm

"Essentially, the Med-Care appointment doesn't count,....)

To her, it counts. She bragged about it and threatened to fire all of Medcare (as if she had sole power to do so); she is out to make that happen.

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:39 pm

She has been, I think, put on the planning board as an alternate. The question is whether fincom and planning board qualify as "officers of the town" as to whether sitting on both is forbidden by ordinance.

Phil Blampied

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:56 pm

dr wrote:"Essentially, the Med-Care appointment doesn't count,....)

To her, it counts. She bragged about it and threatened to fire all of Medcare (as if she had sole power to do so); she is out to make that happen.

I wasn't clear. I meant it doesn't count in terms of compliance with the rules regarding being on more than one board.

Phil is right. I didn't know she was on that board until I critiqued the minutes moments ago.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down