Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I have a lot of confidence in Stacy Carter"

4 posters

Go down

"I have a lot of confidence in Stacy Carter" Empty "I have a lot of confidence in Stacy Carter"

Post by T Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:14 am

Carter named interim public safety director

By Terry Karkos , Staff Writer
Saturday, February 21, 2009

RUMFORD - Selectmen heaped more responsibilities and work on police Chief Stacy Carter at Thursday night's meeting.

They also agreed to allow the fire department to operate at a minimum staffing of three full-time union firefighters at all times until the end of the fiscal year on June 30, after which, it can be renegotiated, Town Manager Len Greaney said.

Previously, the board only allowed two full-time firefighters to run the station if the third was out sick or on vacation.

"I have a lot of confidence in Stacy Carter. He's a good administrator. And when the new town manager comes aboard, I'd view Stacy as his right-hand man, because of his administrative skills," Greaney said.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

"I have a lot of confidence in Stacy Carter" Empty Re: "I have a lot of confidence in Stacy Carter"

Post by Timeout Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:39 am

Carter as PSD can be an all around win for the town.

Last edited by Timeout on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PSO may mean Portland Symphony Orchestra...lol)
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

"I have a lot of confidence in Stacy Carter" Empty Re: "I have a lot of confidence in Stacy Carter"

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Congrats to both Stacy and Danny on their promotions. Best of luck guys!
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

"I have a lot of confidence in Stacy Carter" Empty Whose idea was it?

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Greaney said he was pleased selectmen backed his idea.

"I'm hopeful that this decision will support my goal to create an
organizational and operational mode staffed by competent managers prior
to the introduction of the newly hired town manager," he said.

and

Greaney said two options are being explored for the fire chief's post.
One is to search for a fulltime chief. The second idea is to place both
the fire and police together into a public safety department, an idea
that was suggested by former town manager Jim Doar.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainiac1 Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:13 pm

I am glad someone else has recognized that the ideas Mr. Greany is claiming to be his, were in fact initiated by Mr. Doar last year. The problem was last year the majority of the board did not support the suggestion formally made by Mr. Doar. And for the record Mr. Greany was sitting at the same square table in the Municipal building auditorium shortly after Fire Chief John Wolf left to take another position. Because the board would not support Doar's proposal, an interim chief from witin the fire deparment was appointed.
I get a funny not so fuzzy feeling around this Greany character. Can anyone say Mark May, the guy Greany was partnering with for six months going town to town trying to get monies for a VietNam Memorial. While the cause was more than just, May who claimed to be a veteran was found not to be aveteran at all. How do you hang with someone for six to nine months working on a specific cause and not get an inclination the person may be untrue or a fraud.? Truth was the guy was about seven or eight while the war was going on. Makes you wonder a bit. And does anyone know eactly what company or corporation he was the CEO of?

Mainiac1

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:22 pm

I think it was IMEMY Corporation...lol...
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:39 pm

Mainiac1 wrote:And does anyone know eactly what company or corporation he was the CEO of?
I don't believe Mr. Greaney was ever a CEO. He was a senior manufacturing/engineering manager with Honeywell, Inc, and Digital Equipment Corporation. His resume also includes employment with AT&T, Raytheon, Sanborn Co. and Itek Laboratories. Mr. Greaney also served four years in the USAF.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down