Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Editor" of TRR Withdraws Her Support For the Sun Journal

+2
Z
dr
6 posters

Go down

"Editor" of TRR Withdraws Her Support For the Sun Journal Empty "Editor" of TRR Withdraws Her Support For the Sun Journal

Post by dr Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:30 am

In her Sun Journal marathon blogging episode of February 4, JSN repeatedly thanked the SJ for allowing her the opportunity to express herself anonymously and to keep up their good work. I, for one, thought she was just being temporarily patronizing. I think I was right.

Here's an exerpt from today's TRR:
"The only thing the Sun Journal newspaper is good for is lighting fires."

Everyone I know has cancelled their subscription to the Sun Journal and I would recommend that you do the same. Take a stance Rumford. How dare they use our town to advance their own agendas.

"How dare they use our town to advance their own adgendas." Well, JSN, I ask the same of you......................How dare you?

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

"Editor" of TRR Withdraws Her Support For the Sun Journal Empty Re: "Editor" of TRR Withdraws Her Support For the Sun Journal

Post by Z Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Did the Sun Journal choose their articles for the Publik Okurrence, Or did NENA?

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

"Editor" of TRR Withdraws Her Support For the Sun Journal Empty Re: "Editor" of TRR Withdraws Her Support For the Sun Journal

Post by C Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:30 pm

Entries can be anything the newspaper believes represents its best work from the previous year. The Publick Occurrences Awards are judged by Nieman Fellows at Harvard University.

The Publick Occurrences Awards were established in 1991 by the NENA Awards Committee to mark the 300th anniversary of Publick Occurrences Both Foreign and Domestick, the first newspaper published in the United States. The paper was suppressed by the royal governor in Boston after only one issue.

Nevertheless, Publick Occurrences established the spirit of courage and independence that has become traditional in American journalism. Publick Occurrences awards are given each year based on work performed in the spirit of the nation's first newspaper.

I would guess the SJ submitted their choice of article(s). I wonder which one in particular clinched it for them? Selectboard Meeting Outbursts? Rogue Lumberjacks? Lawsuits?
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Thank you C. I was only half reading the article this morning. Either way, the powers that be apparently thought it had merit.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:53 am

I thought she LOVED the Sun Journal!!!

From today's TRR:

News Fit to Print by Lou Marin

The black letters slowly crawl
across the off-white paper.
Not quite fairness for all,
words, cutting like a rapier.

We hated the yellow press,
their 19th century writing caper.
The truth they would transgress,

The Lewiston, Maine daily rag,
uses facts as solid as vapor,
reports valid as a tabloid mag,

Since innocents they attack,
let their readership taper.
Leave the Journal on its rack,

The black letters slowly crawl,

Labels: Liberal Media Bias

dr

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:35 pm

well, SOME black letters certainly do crawl, or creep, or slither, as the case may be. What a joke! Didn't we all write better " poetry" in 6th grade? (well, maybe not better, but similar). Someone, please give me a "rapier" to slit my wrists with! Bad politics is one thing; bad writing is another thing entirely.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:15 pm

words, cutting like a rapier

The above poem is so hypocritical that I just can't stand it anymore. I'm inviting anyone that wishes to highlight in this thread some of the misinformation, misstatements and outright lies that have been posted on TRR over the years. Let’s call a spade a spade.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by who? Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:23 pm

So I guess you mean everything on her site then!

who?

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Admin wrote:
words, cutting like a rapier

The above poem is so hypocritical that I just can't stand it anymore. I'm inviting anyone that wishes to highlight in this thread some of the misinformation, misstatements and outright lies that have been posted on TRR over the years. Let’s call a spade a spade.

It seems that she's using others' material lately (some of that illegally, like the cartoon of Gary Varvel................but that'll catch up to her soon!). Maybe she's being quiet because she has jobs to apply for (Livermore, Bethel, Rumford)?

dr

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:28 pm

How about stating, as though it were fact, that different people in the community were the Administrators of the Free Press, and then attacking them.

TRR was wrong every time and attacking people the way they did was extremely mean spirited. Worse yet, even when they knew they were wrong, they never apologized to the people they targeted and attacked.

They have no right to accuse any other paper of printing misinformation. They are 100 times worse than the SJ on the SJ’s worse day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down