Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

concern

3 posters

Go down

concern Empty concern

Post by xmashen Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Ok, it's almost 3 whole days without a post on TRR/TRC facebook. And while that should probably make me happy, I find myself actually WORRIED that something (other than almost everything about TRR) might be wrong. Even at her most subdued, and even when she's away, she tends to post SOMETHING. Should someone call the RPD and have them go out and check? Hopefully all is fine and she will be back and I can go back to being simply annoyed. I can't believe I am actually concerned, but I am for some reason.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

concern Empty Re: concern

Post by xmashen Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 pm

well, i just checked under the house and the ruby slippers were gone, so she LIVES. (no "ding dong"). I am mildly relieved.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Perhaps it's the job posting for Administrator of the River Valley Chamber of Commerce that's causing her to use restraint in her postings.
Maybe she has a dream...

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:42 pm

yeah , martina luther norris

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:44 pm

if she were truly smart, she'd go back and delete ALL her posts (except for the hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's and the lol's)

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:45 pm

not that it matters, cuz they are all handily archived.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:13 pm

oh, and the REAL slippery slope is the one you spread sh*t all over.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:28 pm

ok, beyond her "slippery slope" post , it looks like she has finally shut the f**k up . One can only hope.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

concern Empty All quiet on the South Rumford front

Post by RumfordMonitor Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:33 pm

When two entities oppose one another, it is interesting to see what psychological games are played. Sometimes merely being present at a certain event can cause one's opponents to conger up ideas of why the person was in attendance. Likewise, when one is very vocal over a period of time, sudden silence can be disconcerting to their opponents. When your opponent is speaking, they are either expressing themselves, or saying something to make people think a certain way. When they are not speaking, they virtually disappear, leaving opponents concerned about where and when the person will show up. Often it is thought that the person is planning something big, when in fact, they may not be.

A lack of public presence has side effects as well. Supporters may consider that you have lost interest in your cause, and find another idol to worship. Absence, over time can cause a lack of name recognition, and thus people forget the things you have done and said (for better or worse). Of course, a wise person maintains their connections through informal networks, despite their public absence. This is the case with Jolene Lovejoy, who seemed to drop out of sight for the past few years, but was able to garner significant support in the election. Through her constant work outside of the political arena, she maintained name recognition in a positive way, while her good deeds as a volunteer, left people to forget the things that occurred while she was in office.

Traci Dee Downs Poland (a.k.a, Candice Casey) tried a different approach. She left town, changed her name, and came back years later with a different approach to things. She is still the same person, but it took time for people to realize who she was. Meanwhile, she began a program designed to improve Rumford. This positive step was well supported by the public until some of her personality traits came through. Her positive efforts were soon quelled by her approach to the resistance, and lack of respect for procedure.

Jim Rinaldo has turned his tarnished reputation around by becoming part of our town's economic development efforts. Despite the "blue cow" controversy, his work has earned him respect.

Each person handles things in different ways, some more effective than others. How certain people will choose to act is up to them. As the saying goes "hard tellin', not knowin".

RumfordMonitor

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum