Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun(ny) new Facebook Page

3 posters

Go down

Fun(ny) new Facebook Page Empty Fun(ny) new Facebook Page

Post by dr Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:08 pm

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Fun(ny) new Facebook Page Empty Re: Fun(ny) new Facebook Page

Post by T Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:27 pm

I just checked back to see what had been posted since yesterday morning. WOW!

That's the most entertaining, free reading I've come across in a very long time.

I don't have a Facebook account, so can't join in.

But, I'll be ah readin'... applause

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Did you see the JibJab postcard of JSN??????
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by T Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Yes, I did.

At first, I thought it was Sarah Palin executing turkeys!

Two peas in a pod...

Jib Jab

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:08 am

ROFLMAO.....that turkey video is still my favorite
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:02 pm

The Rumford Distorter:
In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement. Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon. This was taken from the definition of ‘Satire’. As a better example it turns the object of the Satire, such as The Rumford Reporter, into a reflection of itself. A mirror that often shows an ugly but necessary truth.

I have up until this point always tried to remain fair minded and professional. At the point I decided to do a parody page of the Rumford Reporter I felt very uneasy about sinking to a level I do not like to play on. However the need to reach people required me to take this path. In the past with letters to the editor, fair minded and positive posts on other pages have often gone unnoticed or even ignored. It is our human nature to have an interest in gossip, negativity, and scandal. Many joined Rumford Reporter just for that reason, because it was wrapped in controversy. So I used a form of satire in hopes to spark people to speak up about their feelings over the Rumford Reporter where it wouldn’t be deleted. I also used The Rumford Distorter so my own opinion could be heard by Rumford citizens, The Rumford Reporter, and her followers. An opinion that you are now reading.

It was well visible on The Rumford Reporter that she used her website to push opinions she had about the town and certain members of the town. Often it was about public servants, their friends and even their family members. People who one were not allowed to stand in their defense on her page because they were banned or deleted. She was making these statements on a public page that anyone in the world could simply click on and see but find no rebuttal to what she was saying. Worse she was attacking public servants who in reality had their hands tied. Second they were unable to comment on any website due to policies at work and for the attitude most have of public servants which is damned if you do and damned if you don’t. I am not delusional about the reality of what her overall message was. There are cops who lack better judgment. There are government officials at the town, state, and national level who are corrupt. However without letting them stand in their own defense, a right every American is afforded, the hill is very slanted. I simply was trying to give a voice to those who had duct tape over their mouth.

The truth is this, I did nothing different than Rumford Reporter did with her website. She used her website to accuse, slander, and make fun of people and an area that we all love and grew up in. Worse she did it using a guise that it was for our own good. That she was our savior from ourselves. Many who take issue with The Rumford Distorter are now forced to look into the mirror. For calling my website out on the same actions that they enjoy on The Rumford Reporter they are forced to examine their own conduct. The same goes for the Rumford Reporter. How do you, Jen, have rules that people must follow to be considered creditable by you, when you do not even follow the same guidelines? The mirror is in front of you Jen. What do you see?

Rumford Reporters website concept had some merit, when the under lying agenda is taken out of the equation. Rumford has been on a down cline for years now. What is so desperately needed is a positive force to bring it back from the brink of total despair, On both websites I have seen amazing thoughts and suggestions about an area I was proud to call home. I have heard statements about seeing the positive the area offers and changing the negative. I only hope that we can some day have a way to express these ideas without ridicule, gossip and negativity. I was also truly inspired by our youth who jumped on both websites, being better versed than most adults, and showed that the prosperity for our future is not lost. I hope they learn from our mistakes and can help us to fix the wrongs of the past. Never stop voicing your opinion but remember others when you do. My favorite quote from Donna Reed “When you handle yourself use your head; when you handle others, use your heart” This website will remain running in hopes it is a reminder of the past and a hope for the future.

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down