Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonder if her nine personalities followed her

3 posters

Go down

Wonder if her nine personalities followed her Empty Wonder if her nine personalities followed her

Post by 911Dispatcher Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 pm

It appears now that Candice Ann and her nine other fake idenities on Sun Journal have been outed and can not be verified she has moved onto greener pastures. http://www.rivervalleysun.com/
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Wonder if her nine personalities followed her Empty Re: Wonder if her nine personalities followed her

Post by T Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 pm

It would seem that the Sun Journal's "experiment" in verified posting has reduced the commenting to four or five people. Not exactly a success.

Even though a couple have responded, I still haven't a clear picture of who Candice Ann is.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Wonder if her nine personalities followed her Empty Re: Wonder if her nine personalities followed her

Post by T Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 pm

It would appear that Candice Ann and her nine personalities are having a conversation at http://www.rivervalleysun.com/ Very Happy

T

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:14 am

Its almost comical that she doesn't realize people can see how similar the writing style is. If you are going to pretend to have different handles on the same website at least use a different writing style and personality
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Wonder if her nine personalities followed her Empty Speculation and Paranoia

Post by RiverValleySun Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:17 pm

We at the RiverValleySun.com would have responded to the many questions posted here much sooner but we had to wait 9 days from submitting our membership here Feb 13 when we where advised of your many questions to today when we finally received notice of activation.

The cituation at the Sun Journal continues to be truly unfortunate. At RiverValleySun.com we recognize that often times people share opinions in common. It is the things we have in common which form the bonds of friendship. We accept that commonality does not mean that every pseudonym expressing a similar opinion is in reality one person. In fact we expect that many people will share commonalities. We also do not look to fix blame on one individual when there is a dissenting opinion from one held by one of us here; we are after all a collective formed by those disinfranchised by the Sun Journal with a variety of experiences and beliefs to influence our individual opinions and ideas. As a collective we have found a common purpose in developing a publication based on information distribution and accesses along with a forum for free safe expression of ideas and opinions through dialogue.

We also understand that some at the Sun Journal have difficulty grasping technical concepts such as IP Addresses. SJ decided that the many users of the computer center at the University College Rumford Mexico must be one person since everyone signing on from there on a personal laptop or University computer has the same IP. It just isn't so. They only share a common network internet connection which assigns all of them the identical same IP. The same is true for the Rumford Public Library, the Mexico Public Library, and any other shared connection both public and residential. We understand that this lack of understanding led to a large number of TimeWarner RoadRunner customers being blocked from SJ including TimeWarner technical support personnel.

Candice Casey issued a number of statements that she used her own name candiceanne the duration of her participation. While she was off the forum she was frequently the subject of attack and submitted two letters to the editor on the subject neither printed; she was denied the opportunity to defend herself. The only exception to her submitting under candiceanne was the final day, when she used a pseudonym adopted immediately before use just for the purpose of saying farwell to her many friends in the forum a posting in which she stated in the opening "I am candiceanne." She has shared with the collaborators on the RiverValleySun.com project the many emails she received from preaves requesting she apply for verification in the weeks leading up to the changeover. She did ultimately agree to do so only to receive nasty email responses rejecting her verification request from preaves and jmeyers in triplicate. How rude after begging her for weeks to submit for verification.

The collaborators of RiverValleySun.com are pleased to have Candice's professional experience and her professionalism onboard. SJ's loss is most definitely our gain. It is said that in every cloud there is a silver lining; out of all the speculation, paranoia, and down right nasty and inappropriate behavior from SJ staff and participants at staff encouragement, has come a very silver lining, RiverValleySun.com a real NEWS and INFORMATION source with a SAFE forum for all Maine residents and beyond. That is something to be proud of. applause

RiverValleySun

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm sorry Candice but we all know this is total BS. If you want to pretend that you only had one handle on the SJ then so be it. Most of us, including myself who have close ties with those at the SJ, know different. That being said I can over look that little fact. What I can't over look in the numerous times you have lied on comments and LTE's. The numerous time you have been caught in a bold face lie and continued to deny it. After more than three years of dealing with the same unethical acts of TRR I am tired and do not wish to deal with more BS. You aren't going to bait me into joining the discussion on this website or any other for that matter. When you want to start standing behind your words with some honesty then I will consider you as someone worth giving my time to. If you continue to plan on telling people you are a law enforcement expert, when really you only did a week of ride alongs with the RPD you lose a lot of credibility. When you leave behind a tape recorder in a closed meeting you lose a lot of credibility. Either that or get better at lying.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Wonder if her nine personalities followed her Empty a friendly word of caution

Post by RiverValleySun Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:12 pm

We don't know who you are here and don't know what name(s) you may have used on other sites and we really do not want to know. As is clearly stated in our policies and our ABOUT page, RiverValleySun.com is committed to adherence to the highest standards of internet safety practices.
We encourage our participants to utilize pseudonyms just as Founding Fathers Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, and Alexander Hamilton did.

That said, this policy is not meant to encourage or condone the making of libelous or slanderous statements. Since a number of RiverValleySun.com collaborators are lifelong residents of the Rumford/Mexico/Dixfield area, we have firsthand knowledge of Ms. Casey’s law enforcement tenure in the area which was much, much more than a week ride-along. We would recommend that you do your homework before making such statements and will assume your lack of knowledge is just that, resulting from not having been a resident of the area at the time of her service. Evidence of Ms. Casey’s dedication to the community can be found in articles in Rumford Falls Times Archives and those of the Lewiston Daily Sun which was the daily paper at that time. The Rumford Public Library has back issues of the Rumford Falls Times and Lewiston Daily Sun on microfilm.

As to any “tape recorder left behind at a meeting” statements like that should never be made lightly and without hard evidence. You are putting yourself out there as a law enforcement officer so you are expected to know that and a court will hold you to a higher standard. We certainly hope for your sake you can back that statement up. From what we have seen Candice has been extremely tolerant and forgive, everyone however has a limit. We recommend you be very careful with your accusations, assertions, and innuendos in the future whether they are aimed at Candice or someone else.

From what we have seen and experienced, some of us knowing Candice directly or indirectly for nearly 50 years, her credibility is not at issue. She is an exceptional researcher and committed to supporting documentation. She has led the charge at RiverValleySun.com in our efforts to provide links and document attachments to our articles. She has been tireless in following-up with sources for needed material. She does her homework and it has shown in her work here, in her posts when she was a participant with SJ, in the occasional letter to the editor she submitted to the Sun Journal and Rumford Falls Times, and in her professional life.

RiverValleySun.com came about out of necessity created by poor journalistic quality and reader issues at Sun Journal which left a huge void we felt had to be filled. The technical intricacies and time demands of publishing, editing, collecting, and reporting a news site was the last thing any of us had expected or had any desire to be undertake at this point in our lives. We are all very busy with careers, families, and other responsibilities, some of us are retired hoping to travel and enjoy extended family; none of us really have the desire to put in the time and effort this site requires. It is only because of our shared commitment to community that we are not only doing the work but funding it from our own pockets. We invite you to contribute as well. If you would like to submit an article, a letter or to post on our site please feel free to do so. RiverValleySun.com is a community effort from the grassroots level. We would welcome your participation; however we would insist that you adhere to our policies if you choose to do so. Our policies can be found at http://rivervalleysun.com/termsofservice/.

RiverValleySun

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Is anyone else here having Deja Vu? Seriously to the point that its really not funny but scary? Candice do some research I outed myself on my first post on here. Also 911Dispatcher means I'm a Dispatcher...let me spell it out D-I-S-P-A-T-C-H-E-R. I am not a law enforcement officer. However if you wish that I back that statement up I can go ahead and ask to get notarized statements from those that were involved and no longer on the board. How about instead of claiming you are a law enforcement expert like you did on the SJ, and often said you teach law enforcement classes throughout Maine, you actually show us some proof of what you've done. Like I said you are nothing more than a pathelogical liar
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by RiverValleySun Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:35 pm

No one here ever saw or heard Candice make any claim as you state here, "you are a law enforcement expert like you did on the SJ, and often said you teach law enforcement classes throughout Maine." We would appreciate it if you would provide proof of your claim of this as we have provided documentation supporting our reports in RiverValleySun.com and here. The proof of what she has done as we stated earlier can be found in archives of the Lewiston Daily Sun and Rumford Falls Times as independent sources. "Like I said you are nothing more than a pathelogical liar," you wrote. We have never seen any evidence of dishonesty in our dealings with Ms Casey. In fact, she has impressed us with coming to us when new information has come to her attention that changes what she what she previously stated on best available information at the time. How many people do you know will do that? So please, tell us, specifically where she has lied and lied repeatedly to where making the statement she is a pathological liar would be justified.

RiverValleySun

Back to top Go down

Post by T Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:37 pm

From The Rumford Falls Times

Leave me out of it
E-mail and share
Dec 30, 2010 12:00 am

To the Editor:

There are many circumstances under which we say, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” We tell our children this as they part for a time from a boyfriend or girlfriend to go to camp, take a summer job, or go off to college. We say this as we or our spouse must go on a business trip or leave for a time to continue education.

Never did I dream that my absence from Rumford Area Meetings, from the Sun Journal Blogs or the Letters to the Editor of the Sun Journal and Times would result in an uproar that has risen to the boiling point in the past week.

At the end of July, I suffered a medical crisis that required emergency surgery and shut me down completely for six weeks. Since then a slow recovery and some other health issues along with some soul searching as to what if any gains could be expected from my continued attendance and participation at meetings resulted in the decision to continue with my absences. I do not hold any elected office and have no legal or moral obligation to either participate or attend.

In early November, I departed as a regular contributor to the Sun Journal comment sections. I had always posted under my name CandiceAnne. I made the decision at that time that I would not return to the blogs and I have stood firm and comfortable without regret on that decision. Furthermore, I have not read the Sun Journal since leaving. I also rarely read the Rumford Falls Times seeking it out only when I am advised that there is something I must see like today when I received many calls.
< >
My final thought is one of outrage at being attacked for the events at a meeting at which I was not even present. I have spent a year and a half fighting for positive change in Rumford not only attending meetings but performing volunteer service and offering even more before throwing in the towel, you folks have been here for a lot more years not getting it done and a I expect you will be here for a lot more, I wasn’t involved in yet another, get nothing done meeting, leave me out of it.

Candice Anne Casey,

Rumford

Click here for the entire letter

preaves says:

Web editor of the Sun Journal here.

There are many inconsistencies with this letter.

First, we have IP logging installed on SunJournal.com. And through IP logging, I determined that Candice Casey has been posting under at least 4 separate pseudonyms for several months as recently as yesterday. I don't know of the "uproar" on our site about which she's talking, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were one that she invented with her alter-egos.

Second, Candice was banned from the commenting on the Sun Journal website for one week because she would not stop posting false information about the Rumford Police Department. Posting libelous information is against our commenting policy.

The Sun Journal did not print this letter in any part, despite what the third paragraph from the bottom may suggest.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:05 pm

http://www.sunjournal.com/node/676971#comment-21937
candiceanne at 9:28 am on Dec 04, 2009

In a story below this one in today's SJ is an article on First Selectmen Ivey entitled "Ivey Charged With Driving With Suspended License." In that article every one of Ivey's past motoer vehicle violation convictions is listed as convictions. There is not one previously charged with. Makes you wonder if this woman wasn't cleared of all previous charges and the police who made a tremendous amount of mistakes are grasping at anything to divert attention. and I am a former law enforcement professional.

Where was she a law enforcement professional? What Law Enforcement Academy did she attend? Why is there no police certification letter filed with NCIC for her? See Candice when you lie you better have some type of other crap to back it up. Especially when the preson your lying to knows exactly where to look for the evidence. I can't find any evidence that you were ever what you claimed to be. So if I'm wrong, prove me wrong. If you can't then stop lying about it.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by T Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Bingo!

T

Back to top Go down

Wonder if her nine personalities followed her Empty Very Sad

Post by RiverValleySun Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:40 pm

This letter did appear in the Rumford Falls Times, it was never printed by the Sun Journal. There is nothing in it that was untruthful. As we wrote in a previous post, “Candice Casey issued a number of statements that she used her own name candiceanne the duration of her participation. While she was off the forum she was frequently the subject of attack and submitted two letters to the editor on the subject neither printed; she was denied the opportunity to defend herself. The only exception to her submitting under candiceanne was the final day, when she used a pseudonym adopted immediately before use just for the purpose of saying farewell to her many friends in the forum a posting in which she stated in the opening ‘I am candiceanne.’ She has shared with the collaborators on the RiverValleySun.com project the many emails she received from preaves requesting she apply for verification in the weeks leading up to the changeover. She did ultimately agree to do so only to receive nasty email responses rejecting her verification request from preaves and jmeyers in triplicate. How rude after begging her for weeks to submit for verification.”

It is interesting that you seem to have or suggest to have comments from preaves which would at least on the face violate the privacy policies of SJ in effect when Candice was a member, when the letter was submitted, and the current policy. And these comments reinforce what we stated earlier and will repeat here, SJ does not understand the technical concepts involved in IP Addresses among so many other areas of a web based operation.

“We also understand that some at the Sun Journal have difficulty grasping technical concepts such as IP Addresses. SJ decided that the many users of the computer center at the University College Rumford Mexico must be one person since everyone signing on from there on a personal laptop or University computer has the same IP. It just isn't so. They only share a common network internet connection which assigns all of them the identical same IP. The same is true for the Rumford Public Library, the Mexico Public Library, and any other shared connection both public and residential. We understand that this lack of understanding led to a large number of TimeWarner RoadRunner customers being blocked from SJ including TimeWarner technical support personnel.”

911: You need to go back and reread your reference. Candice does not say “"you are a law enforcement expert like you did on the SJ, and often said you teach law enforcement classes throughout Maine." She wrote, “Most states require a college education to be a police officer and for very good reason. I have that education and spent the 80's attempting to train law enforcement officers in Maine. Nothing has changed, apparently, from befoe I started.” Our recollection is that Candice obtained a University education in Criminal Justice after high school and while working at the Rumford Police Department as a valued member of that department under the leadership of Chiefs David Venziano and Dewey Robinson, including through two strikes at the paper mill. We don’t know if her training included any “academy” though Maine’s criminal justice academy would certainly seem to be a step backwards for someone with a University education in the field. It is unfortunate that the Rumford Police Department no longer has a single employee with a college education; if they did we would probably be receiving a respectable level of service.

You can find independent verification of Candice’s university education an qualifications in the archives previously cited.

RiverValleySun

Back to top Go down

Post by RiverValleySun Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:47 pm

911 Dispatcher did you also go by Erin Cox and other names on SJ?

RiverValleySun

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:54 pm

I only ever had one name on SJ, and it was Erin Cox which is now a verified account. God JSN tried this too, happy hunting in trying to find dirt on me....its not there
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:02 am

Also having a criminal justice degree does not equate being a law enforcement professional. You need to actually have worked in the field to be considered a professional. A quick call to Wayne Gallant can confirm your claims of working with the RPD. Although hes already been asked and confirmed that it was a ride along during your time at school getting your degree. So what other departments did you train Candice?
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by RiverValleySun Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:18 am

Just spoke with Candice, she doesn't know if she is still in the area but suggested you might ask Louise Botkus who processed her when she was arrested along with her father-in-law and several others during the strike at the mill. Louise will tell you it was Candice, the only female on duty when she was arrested.

RiverValleySun

Back to top Go down

Post by RiverValleySun Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:20 am

Good night to all from all of us at RiverValleySun.com. Candice said to send her regards, wishing you all well and to by all means join the RiverValleySun.com community for a better Maine.

RiverValleySun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum