Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Candiceanne expanding her horizons

5 posters

Go down

Candiceanne expanding her horizons Empty Candiceanne expanding her horizons

Post by Z Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Candiceanne is taking ti to the Kennebec Journal now.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/5-year-old-killed-when-truck-slams-into-home_2011-07-19.html

Still the same Candiceanne though.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Candiceanne expanding her horizons Empty Re: Candiceanne expanding her horizons

Post by T Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Isn't it amazing how Candiceanne knows absolutely everything about absolutely everything? What would the world do without her??

applause

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Careful Z, you'll be accused of stalking her because god forbid you read the same publications as she does.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:11 pm

i guiltily admit i sometimes read her blog, but honestly, I don't get its focus. Is she pimping herself for a position on Olympia Snowe's staff or something? I swear, if Olympia even farts, Candace reports on it. She calls her blog "river valley sun" yet so very little of it has to do with this community, except very peripherally, if even that.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:45 am

uhoh lol!

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jim Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:28 am

Glad to see you are expanding your horizons and your mind xmashen by reading a quality digital newspaper like River Valley Sun, which is not a blog. If you hadn’t noticed, RVS has dozens of regular reporters and columnists from around the world; I count myself in very good company with my weekly column.

Also River Valley Sun is not a local publication; it is not about Rumfud which is why Rumfud articles are a very minor part of the publication. Though you may have noticed Candice and RVS broke the Rumford Auditor scandal which than took SJ 2 weeks to realize anything was going on and put up a very messed up report, not the first or only time RVS has major scooped SJ.

RVS is more concerned with providing world, national, and news from all states not just Maine, that effects all of us. I would think you would appreciate that so much of what is going on in Washington that will directly impact Maine and Maine people can be found in RVS because of the many DC reporters watching the goings on in Congress and Maine’s Congressional Delegation. If not for these reporters, would you know what is going on with the Commissary at the old BNAS? NO! Because SJ only reports days later when they see RVS has covered it and they are scrambling to play catch-up it has gotten absolutely comedic to watch.

It has also been fun watching SJ change its format to match RVS. RVS always had attachments including video. Now SJ has attachments and twice now has had video. RVS has some great new stuff in the works, can't wait to see how long it takes SJ to copy those too, but it will always be just a copy. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery though; RVS has every reason to be proud they are doing a great job. Maine is lucky to finally have a serious journalistic endeavor with River Valley Sun.

Big Jim

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:00 pm

"Glad to see you are expanding your horizons and your mind xmashen by reading a quality digital newspaper like River Valley Sun, which is not a blog."

Punctuation - Commas on either side of "xmashen".

"Also River Valley Sun is not a local publication; it is not about Rumfud which is why Rumfud articles are a very minor part of the publication."

Spelling - "Rumfud"? Serioulsy? I can only guess that you are insulting the intelligence of the residents of Rumford.

" Though you may have noticed Candice and RVS broke the Rumford Auditor scandal which than took SJ 2 weeks to realize anything was going on and put up a very messed up report, not the first or only time RVS has major scooped SJ. "

The word "than" should be "then". The sentence kind of runs on. Maybe "major" should have been "majorly"?

"that effects all of us."

The word "effects" should have been "affects".

" Commissary at the old BNAS"

You assume everyone knows what you are referring to with this abbreviation. No referrence prior to it's use. Also, the correct name is, and has been for a few years, "Naval Air Station Brunswick", or "NASB".

" Because SJ only reports days later when they see RVS has covered it and they are scrambling to play catch-up it has gotten absolutely comedic to watch."

Maybe the Sun Journal waits until it has more facts than specutlation and rumor.

"RVS always had attachments including video. Now SJ has attachments and twice now has had video."

Maybe the Sun Journal has been able to report the stories without relying on video to do it. If you recall, the Sun Journal is a printed newspaper. Kind of hard to print a video.

So, way to report! Way to stay on top of your grammar. Way to do your research. Quality reporting.

YOU may be in good company, but I wouldn't go so far to say that about the reporters that are with YOU.

The articles in the River Valley Sun are often just as difficult to understand, and frequently as inaccurate and uninformed, as Candiceanne's comments in other established online newspaper blogs.

One more thing:

"Maine is lucky to finally have a serious journalistic endeavor with River Valley Sun."

Then, why isn't anybody taking it seriously?

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jim Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Some 10,000 readers a day are. Looks like some days you can be counted among them.

Big Jim

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Big Jim wrote:Some 10,000 readers a day are. Looks like some days you can be counted among them.

Someone's index finger must get awfully tired by the end of the day hitting that enter key. 9,999 times a day is a lot!

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Big Jim wrote:Some 10,000 readers a day are. Looks like some days you can be counted among them.

The question was "Then, why isn't anybody taking it seriously?".

People read the comics for a good laugh, too.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum