Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repeal Labor Day

4 posters

Go down

Repeal Labor Day Empty Repeal Labor Day

Post by T Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Isn't Governor LePage going to repeal Labor Day?

After all, the 1894 legislation making it a national holiday was rushed through the US Congress following the deaths of a number of workers during the Pullman Strike.

The deaths of these ungrateful union workers unfairly cast Corporate America in a bad light. Instead of striking, these workers should have been thankful they had jobs.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Repeal Labor Day Empty Hopefully, this holiday will be abolished! The last thing this country needs is a day off.

Post by Alexander Nevsky Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:03 pm

Hopefully, this holiday will be abolished! The last thing this country needs is a day off.

One fewer day’s educating our youth, one fewer day’s working, and one fewer day’s generating revenue, and one less day competing.
Do we really need a Holiday to end summer?

Sounds a little antiquated to me. Considering there is now labor. Seems like we need to re earn this holiday, before you go fliping a fu*#ing burger. Happy no labor day. Now go back to work!!! EARN THE HOLIDAY!!!
Alexander Nevsky
Alexander Nevsky

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Repeal Labor Day Empty Re: Repeal Labor Day

Post by T Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Alexander Nevsky wrote: EARN THE HOLIDAY!!!
....like the Pullman Strikers.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Nevsky Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 pm

What year is it??
Alexander Nevsky
Alexander Nevsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:11 am

[quote]
EARN THE HOLIDAY!!!.

Sixty or more hours a week. Have I earned it yet?

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:16 am

I wasn't sure what I was going to do on Labor Day, but now I think I will flip a few burgers, relax a bit, and enjoy the day.

Just so you know Alexander, this is the first holiday this year that I haven't worked. That doesn't rule out the possibility that I still might end up working that day. So YES!. We need that holiday! Thank you very much!

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:27 am

Maybe we should eliminate all holidays and work 24/7/52. After all, it's 2011. Corporate America would support that. They could reduce the American workforce by two-thirds thereby reducing their labor costs and boosting their profits! They could increase the pile of cash they're sitting on from $2 trillion dollars to $6 trillion dollars.

And we thought the Republicans wanted to create jobs... uhoh

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Doing away with all holidays is a great idea T. Where is the hard work that made this country great?

While we are at it, let's allow child labor again. That's a huge work force with lots of energy. They can be manipulated to do whatever labor wants and they will work for almost nothing. If a few die along the way it would be unfortunate but big labor could cover up the deaths and tout the value of hard work.

Big business would love this idea, the Tea Party would love it, most Republicans would love it. If the Tea Party and Republicans get their way, their parents will need the money to try to feed the family anyway.

Back to the 1800's I say. Alexander N. don't ask what year it is, ask what year you want it to be like.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Repeal Labor Day Empty Sunday, January 20, 2013!

Post by Alexander Nevsky Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:45 pm

“don't ask what year it is, ask what year you want it to be like.” – Admin

Hmmm, I think I will go with the 60 plus percent ……… of Americans and say……..Sunday, January 20, 2013!

Alexander Nevsky
Alexander Nevsky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum