Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Well I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way."

Go down

"Well I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way." Empty "Well I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way."

Post by T Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:05 am

"Now the president says, I'm not going to negotiate (the debt ceiling)," said Boehner. "Well I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way."

So now it's a good/necessary/required thing to negotiate and compromise?  I thought "negotiate" and "compromise" were dirty words in the Republican/Tea Party? I thought standing your ground on principle was the honorable thing to do?

Republican/Tea Party Hypocrites

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

"Well I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way." Empty Re: "Well I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way."

Post by T Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:35 pm

I thought Republican/Tea Partiers, like LePage (Re: hospital debt), were all about "paying the bills"?  And yet, born in Canada Ted Cruz, et al, are willing to let the United States of America default on its debt?

Republican/Tea Party Hypocrites

T

Back to top Go down

"Well I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way." Empty Re: "Well I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way."

Post by T Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Well it does work that way after all...

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Not negotiating is what Obama had to do for himself and all future Presidents, be they Democrat, Republican, or other.

Threatening to destroy the very thing you are attempting to "save" if your demands are not met, is not negotiating.  It is blackmail.

blackmail [ˈblækˌmeɪl]
n
1. (Law) the act of attempting to obtain money by intimidation, as by threats to disclose discreditable information
2. the exertion of pressure or threats, esp unfairly, in an attempt to influence someone's actions
vb (tr)
1. (Law) to exact or attempt to exact (money or anything of value) from (a person) by threats or intimidation; extort
2. to attempt to influence the actions of (a person), esp by unfair pressure or threats

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down