Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This complaint does seem rather petty...

Go down

This complaint does seem rather petty... Empty This complaint does seem rather petty...

Post by T Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:25 pm

This complaint does seem rather petty, but it does give you insight into what Windover,Belanger and other leaders from the Save Rumford and Rumford Renewal crowd are like.  They are not very ethical people.  It makes no difference to them if it is right or wrong. It's ideology at all costs no matter who they hurt.  Sterling should listen to himself. "Consider the source", and ignore.

Two Rumford selectmen take umbrage with candidate's Facebook post

RUMFORD — Two Rumford selectmen defended themselves and two town officials Thursday night claiming that two candidates running for their positions accused them of improprieties via social media.

Lovejoy read aloud Windover's Facebook status update about April 11. It stated: "Jim Windover and Mark Belanger went downtown to the town office to turn in our nomination papers for the selectboard and discovered that, apparently, Jolene Lovejoy, Jeff Sterling and Candice Casey must have had a sleepover at the town hall, because me and Mark were standing outside the door waiting for it to be unlocked so we could go into the town office, and they were already in the clerk's office."

Sterling and Lovejoy said they weren't in the clerk's office and neither was Casey, and they added that they all entered through the rear door, which is unlocked on weekday mornings, allowing town employees to enter the building for work.

"My guess is that post from Facebook deals with the Save! Rumford candidates' take on how Jolene, Candice and I received special treatment when it came to turning in our nomination papers," Sterling said.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

This complaint does seem rather petty... Empty Re: This complaint does seem rather petty...

Post by T Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Now, ROBERT SEVIGNY is no liberal. He's very conservative, in a true, honorable Republican sort of way.  To read his opinion of the Save Rumford crowd speaks volumes of what they truly are all about.

************************************************************************************************

By ROBERT SEVIGNY, Community Member, Auburn — Sat, 04/19/2014 - 13:27

I just browsed through the "save Rumford" page and it looks like it was put together by a child. The "50 Ways to Cut the Budget" page is not in any type of readable format. It gives one a headache trying to read it and there is no place for discussions on the 50 ways. There is also no contact page on the site, which tells me they are not interested in hearing any opinions or fielding any questions.

I also went to the "Rumford Renewal" Facebook page. It is a closed group that one must apply to join. It is not open to comments, questions, or discussions unless you are approved for membership.

In my opinion, from someone on the outside looking in, it appears that politics in Rumford is one coin. The two opposing groups are only different sides of the same coin.

People of Mexico need to think long and hard before merging with Rumford. In my opinion, Mexico would be on the losing end of the deal.

T

Back to top Go down

This complaint does seem rather petty... Empty Re: This complaint does seem rather petty...

Post by T Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 pm

It's interesting to see what "outsiders" think of the "Save Rumford" clique.

************************************************************************************************

By RONALD RIML, Community Member, East Boothbay — Sun, 04/20/2014 - 11:22

"Income Analysis: Highest Paid 50 Employees"

What Analysis???

Fifty Employees and what they were paid. Absolutely no information as to what their 'Job Descriptions' were, nor their levels of experience, years on the job, educational level, number of hours worked - nor any other factors affecting their compensation. That's an 'Analysis?'

This is how 'Analysis' is defined:

detailed examination of the elements or structure of something, typically as a basis for discussion or interpretation.
"statistical analysis"

synonyms: examination, investigation, inspection, survey, study, scrutiny; exploration, probe, research, review, evaluation, interpretation, dissection

- That list wasn't an "Analysis" - it was a mere list of what Public Employees were paid; and it's fair game. But to call it an 'Analysis' is nothing more than to gild a turd of a report, and to stoke anger and envy.

And it gives rise to suspicion of how many other underhanded 'Cheap Shots' the 'Save Rumford' movement is capable of.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:00 pm

By ROBERT SEVIGNY, Community Member, Auburn — Sun, 04/20/2014 - 12:58

I applied to join the facebook group "Rumford Renewal" and have not been approved yet. It appears this group does not want any discussions or comments to their posts. They are playing on peoples emotions without giving anything of substance. I hope the people of Rumford are smarter than that.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Let me guess...Ron Theriault and Jennifer Stowell Norris are co-chairs of the approval committee. hug

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down