Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LePage sounds more and more like a big government liberal...

Go down

LePage sounds more and more like a big government liberal... Empty LePage sounds more and more like a big government liberal...

Post by T Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:43 am

It must be election season whistling 

Gov. Paul LePage said Thursday that he is disappointed with the owners of the Old Town Fuel & Fiber mill in Old Town for closing the operation without first asking the state for help.

“The thing that is so upsetting about this is they never gave the state any warning,” said LePage. “They never told us in any way. They just up and left in the cover of darkness, and I’m very offended by that.”

“I’ve asked the lawyers to take a look at the severance laws because I think we’re being handed a little bit of a semantics issue here,” said LePage. “They’re calling it a furlough. If you’re saying you’re furloughing indefinitely, then that is a closure to me. … Closure means you’re required to pay severance.”

LePage also criticized the company for closing just weeks before the start of a new school year, when many Maine families are scrambling to purchase school supplies and clothing.

"If you’re just closing because you’re tired of losing money, why didn’t you call us? Let’s sit down and put our heads together and see if we can help in some way.”

...wait, he's talking about corporate welfare....oops! party  I guess not all welfare is bad after all dunno .

He (LePage) also reiterated his often-stated opinion that if Maine were a right-to-work state, which means it would be illegal for employers to require workers to pay union dues, it would be better off economically.   

uhoh  ...not so liberal after all.  Remember, it's all the unions' fault.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

LePage sounds more and more like a big government liberal... Empty Re: LePage sounds more and more like a big government liberal...

Post by T Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:54 am

Remember, to those of you who support LePage's "right-to-work" ideology, its sole purpose is to reduce corporate costs, boost profits, thereby reducing the workers' salary and benefits...period.

LePage had no problem doing that at Mardens.

T

Back to top Go down

LePage sounds more and more like a big government liberal... Empty Re: LePage sounds more and more like a big government liberal...

Post by T Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Ever notice that LePage blames everyone who came before him for the state's problems? Kinda like a certain national leader does, which the Tea Party has criticized ad nauseam. Rolling Eyes 
But, it's OK for LePage to do it, because he's RIGHT!   love 

HYPOCRITES

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down