Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death?

4 posters

Go down

Death? Empty Death?

Post by T Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Is It Going to Take a Death Before the Fire Department Stops Blocking the Sidewalk?

The Town Manager's Office has received numerous complaints about the Fire Department parking their trucks in front of the Fire Station because it blocks the sidewalk.

[ therumfordreporter.com/2008/10/is-it-going-to-take-death-before-fire.html ]

Ms. Norris needs to stop filing these complaints as, at some point, it might be considered "stalking". Razz

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Death? Empty Re: Death?

Post by Admin Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:03 pm

The RFD has been saying for some time now that they need a new fire station. It seems TRR agrees.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:07 pm

she jus be lookin for a new job, folks! Why, lands sake's! she even posted her job description!!! Now all we idiot folks got to do is go out and make sure it happens for her.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:14 pm

I grew up in Rumford during a time when the population was approaching 10,000 and the "island" was a bustling business district. The RFD was parking the trucks in front of the fire station then as they do now. Even with much higher vehicle and pedestrian traffic, it wasn't a problem then and it isn't now.

T

Number of posts : 3862

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:34 pm

Oh, this is hard for me: I, bug (vintage...), have to agree with TRR on this one.
The trucks are in the road and blocking the sidewalk. (Violation.) The exit from Franklin Savings Bank is next to the fire department; busy Dunkin' Donuts is directly across the street. So, all drivers leaving the bank or DD would be looking up the street towards The Legion and Rite Aid to see if anything is coming from that busy (yea, it's only Rumford, but....) intersection. Since it's a one way street, there's really little reason to be looking the other way. If a pedestrian is walking out into the street to get around the fire truck, they would likely not be seen by cars trying to exit the bank or DD. To add to the inherent problem, there are several of our citizens who live/frequent that area who use wheelchairs. This is a very risky situation for them.
Unfortunately, the fire department doesn't seem to have any options.
But, in agreement with TRR, I think this is a very dangerous situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:48 pm

I once asked the Parking Enforcement Officer to ticket the fire trucks for obstructing a public way. Of course, she didn't. The excuse was that they are emergency apparatus, but that status only protects them when associated with an emergency situation. I agree that we need to look at a new fire station, but we need to do it as a regional fire department.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum