Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He's just plain "nuts"...

Go down

He's just plain "nuts"... Empty He's just plain "nuts"...

Post by T Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:33 pm

In June, LePig said, “I do not micro-manage my people. I give them what I expect, and I move on.”

Today

Gov. Paul LePig is demanding that all state hiring decisions be approved by him.  A memo from LePig to cabinet members says LePig will review all vacant and newly created state positions. If any hiring steps have started, approval from LePig must be obtained before any job offer is made.

He's just plain "nuts"... Memo-JPG

He's just plain "nuts"... Img-Governor-promises-vetoes-until-budget-is-approved

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

He's just plain "nuts"... Empty Re: He's just plain "nuts"...

Post by T Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:04 am

...and a liar too.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

* Last spring, Gov. Paul LePig stood up at a monthly breakfast forum  jocolor and told the crowd that seniors had demanded he stop the minimum wage from going up.

* So many seniors had written him, in fact, that the governor said he got “constant emails.”

* “Raising the minimum wage is going to have a devastating impact on our elderly, on people with fixed incomes,” LePig said. “It’s going to be horrible affraid . If there’s one thing I get constant emails on, it’s from elderly people saying, ‘Don’t increase the minimum wage. One of the few luxuries I have is to go get coffee with my friends or lunch with my friends.’”

* Amy Browne (WERU in Orland) filed a Freedom of Access Act request with the governor’s office asking for “any emails received by Gov. LePig from people identifying themselves as elderly and in opposition to minimum wage increases.”

* On June 26, LePig sent her the results: two emails  scratch .

* Neither email author gave their age, nor did they cite the specific and personal sort of concerns that LePage raised in his talk. In other words, there are no fears of coffee or sandwich price spikes.

* One of the two emails was sent June 3 — more than a month after LePage’s speech.

* The Freedom of Access Act request documents supplied by LePig have been verified by LePig's lawyer.

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:05 am

Yeah...LePig may be rough around the edges, but he tells it like it is! applause party

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:06 am

There's an argument being made by Tea Party types that LePig was receiving "constant e-mails" to his private, personal e-mail account, not his official, taxpayer funded, gubernatorial account. That's why the Freedom of Access Act request generated only two e-mails.

So, LePig has two e-mail accounts, one public and one private?  

Doesn't seem right coming from the most "transparent" governor in the history of Maine. finger wag  

I wonder if former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, advised him on how to set up this dual system? scratch dunno

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:53 am

This guy has no clue what he's doing, and you Tea Party types don't care.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

AUGUSTA — Gov. Paul LePig has thrown a new wrench into the gears of the Legislature, this time with a move to “pocket veto” at least 19 bills.

Suzanne Gresser, confirmed 19 bills had not been returned to her office by LePig after the 10-day timeframe for LePig to veto or sign the legislation.

Adrienne Bennett pointed to a section from “ Maine’s Path of Legislation” which outlined the process of the pocket veto.

If a Legislature is in session and the governor does not sign a bill or veto it within 10 days of receiving it, the bill becomes law. But, if a Legislature adjourns for the year before the 10-day window for a governor to act on legislation has elapsed and the governor does not sign the bill, it dies.

That’s the pocket veto, and is what LePig is trying to do, kill the bills without giving the Legislature a chance to override his veto.

“I’m surprised the Legislature does not understand this,” Bennett said.  dunno

The only problem is, the Legislature has not adjourned!   uhoh

Knowing it needed to give LePig up to 10 days to act on bills it has passed, the House and Senate on June 30 went “at ease” until July 16. By then, LePig would have had to act.
Further questions sent to Bennett about LePig's actions were not answered.   lol!

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down