Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like this one...

Go down

I like this one... Empty I like this one...

Post by T Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:43 am

R. Tremaine: No apology necessary

Robert Tremaine
Letters | Friday, September 18, 2015

I recently read a letter in the SJ that spoke to a Sept. 6 column written by Kalle Oakes regarding NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and a mention of Kim Davis. The writer was outraged and felt that an apology was needed. Not having read the initial article I went back and read it.

Let me explain just who Kim Davis is. She is an individual who ran for elected office and when she won that election swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States. She has now decided that she can no longer uphold that sworn oath. She feels that she and she alone has the right to deny certain rights, of her choosing, from certain people, of her choosing, based on her "firmly" held “religious belief” concerning the “sanctity of marriage.”

Here is a woman that has been married four times. Of course that means three divorces. She has had two children fathered by someone to whom she was not married while she was married to another man at the moment. That means she committed adultery. This is her idea of sanctity of marriage?

Those actions mean absolutely nothing to me and I couldn’t care less about what she does with her life. The problem comes when she feels that she has the right to decide what is right or wrong for others. If anyone thinks that this smug, pompous, sanctimonious woman has any right to dictate who has the right to marry, then you are just as ignorant as she is.

Don’t even think of asking me to apologize.

Robert Tremaine, Livermore Falls

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum