Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for results in all the wrong places

2 posters

Go down

Looking for results in all the wrong places Empty Looking for results in all the wrong places

Post by KevinNSaisi Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:42 pm

I made a mistake. Embarassed Recently, I asked the Board of Selectmen what they were doing to address a number of planning issues. I made the error of implying that they were solely responsible for such efforts. I was wrong. According tp the structure of our town government, it is the job of the Planning Board to do the planning (how did I overlook that? Duh!). So, my next step is to speak with the leadership of the planning board to see what progress is being made on the Comprehensive Plan, Financial Contingency Planning, and Regional Planning efforts. Of course, I am sure that the Town Manager is involved with the process. But I will follow chain-of-command and check with the Planning Board first.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Looking for results in all the wrong places Empty Re: Looking for results in all the wrong places

Post by C Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Way to go Kevin! It's good to see people willing to stick their neck out and investigate the issues. I certainly can't show my face over there. LOL.
Hopefully you will share your findings here on the forum.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Looking for results in all the wrong places Empty Re: Looking for results in all the wrong places

Post by KevinNSaisi Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:10 pm

I spoke with Len Greaney tonight about the Planning Board. He indicated that they are not involved in the planning process. It would appear that they concentrate on reviewing building permits. It is a shame that they are not more visionary. The Comprehensive Plan (which was approved by the voters) includes directives to the planning board to not only oversee the implimentation of the plan, but also a number of tasks as active participants in the process. I It is a five member board, and two of those positions (and an alternate position) expire in 2010. Only one position expires in 2009. If motivated people apply for those positions, we might have a fully functional board in two years. Until then, we will just have to accept whatever the current board chooses to do.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down