Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let me guess...

Go down

Let me guess... Empty Let me guess...

Post by T Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:01 am

Let me guess, LePig and Republicans will oppose it. Heaven forbid we make it easier for people to exercise their right to vote.  To help advance their agenda, suppressing the vote any way they can, has always been a Republican tactic.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jared Golden seeks to make voter registration 'automatic'

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 2:11 pm

AUGUSTA — Hoping to boost voter registration, a Lewiston Democrat wants to automatically add anyone doing business with the Department of Motor Vehicles to the voter rolls.

An easy way to do that, he said, is to sign them up when they are doing business with the Department of Motor Vehicles. His bill would allow people to opt out, but other states have found that few do.

Already in effect in eight states, including Vermont and Connecticut, the process flips the existing process in which people have to go out of their way to register to make it so that most would now have to decline to be registered if they don’t want the chance to vote.

That change bothers some.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down