Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An example of why he's right

Go down

An example of why he's right Empty An example of why he's right

Post by T Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:18 pm

Lewiston's Agora Grand owner leaving Maine, cites negativity

LEWISTON — In a full page ad Friday, the owner of the Agora Grand Event Center and neighboring inn praised the people who believe in Lewiston-Auburn's future and took to task the people who don't.

"The belief that 'You're not a true Mainer unless you're born here" is very disconcerting to new residents. After three years as L/A residents, we have decided to leave Maine. We will be entrusting the management of these businesses to locals who have stronger ties to the community."

Then he said he's leaving.

Knight, a developer, moved to Lewiston from the Washington, D.C. area three years ago and bought the former St. Patrick's Church and rectory. He refurbished the late-1800s Bates Street buildings, turning the rectory into a boutique hotel that opened in March 2015 and turning the church into a wedding venue and event center that opened in spring 2016.

"I have been met largely with a mixture of skepticism and, often, contempt by the L-A community," he said.

"I wanted to be a voice of people who are not from Maine, who have chosen Maine to live, work and start businesses," he said Friday. "I wanted to enable people who really do support and love L-A to stand up and to speak whenever they hear bad things about their city. Right now it's very hard to hear so many bad things and then to chime in and say, 'Well, I disagree, I think this is a great place.'"

In his three years in Lewiston, Knight said, he's been astonished by name-calling and hatred.

"I'd just love to see more people enabled to stand up to and to speak out against the negativity that I'm so often hearing," he said.

"For the time being, with this strong negativity, it's just very, very taxing. And I don't feel like part of the community, despite the small group of people who really worked their hardest to accept me," he said.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

An example of why he's right Empty Re: An example of why he's right

Post by T Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:24 pm

And then this idiot from Poland responds with:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bye Bye
By RICHARD BERGERON JR, Community Member, Poland — Sat, 07/01/2017 - 11:44

C'ya
Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bergeron must be part of LePig's welcoming committee. He seems to have the same temperament. dunno

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:01 pm

And this idiot...

Hmmm. I guess this fellow
By TOM WHITE, Community Member, Jay — Sat, 07/01/2017 - 17:39

Hmmm. I guess this fellow would be better off from where he comes from.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Why would anyone invest in Maine with this attitude.  dunno

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:09 pm

Reminds me of how some in Rumford are treating Nestle.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum