Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRR copyright infringement

3 posters

Go down

TRR copyright infringement Empty TRR copyright infringement

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:22 am

Good morning Jennifer (or is it Ms. Ortez?)

The following is written on TRR:
"Please note that we have complied with all copyright laws since learning from our mistake. We only print and reprint stories with the express permission of the author except in the case of the Government who for the most part do not have copyright protection. When we refer to a newspaper or website article, we are by law (Fair Use Act) allowed to provide a few sentences contained in the article but must refer the reader to the newspaper or website link for the story in its entirety.

Thank you for understanding.

Jennifer Norris, Editor"

I posted the following on the River Valley Free Press:

"I can only speak for myself (unlike you-know-who) but I had nothing whatsoever to do with hacking her site. What she has posted is an outright lie and I want her to retract it and apologize for her untruths against me. My posting at whatever time confirms nothing except that I was going back and forth between sites. Anything wrong with that? (Yea, maybe it shows how silly and neurotic I can be, but she has no say in that.) And what is this "common denominator" thing about? It has nothing to do with me. She gets away with writing whatever she wants. Isn't it time for her to stop this crap?"

Ms. Norris, in position of editor, you seem to have chosen to ignore your posted copyright policy, and posted my submission on your site. You did so without my permission, without the permission of the RVFP, and without crediting its source.

I, once again, ask you to remove my RVFP post from your site. You are in violation of copyright laws.

Sincerely,
bug

Back to top Go down

TRR copyright infringement Empty Re: TRR copyright infringement

Post by C Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:51 am

This may be her way of admitting she was misinformed of the copyright laws and likely still is.

Last edited by C on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:51 am

Bug, I think TRR doesn't cite the source because they don't want reference to RVFP's site on their page...just a guess.

Again, I think they are just picking you as next so they can "flush out" the anonymous posters, possibly proving their conspiracy theory at last...I understand there is a gold crown given as a prize for saving the community...lol...They can have the crown, me, I'm going for Mom of the Year...I made cookies for my kids last night.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by C Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 am

I understand there is a gold crown given as a prize for saving the community...lol...

Like this? Lol, I only wear mine on special occasions.... ------------------->
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:36 pm

Oops....sorry. Just deleted my double post.

I do like the crown. The candy corn, however, is a big tease for me.........

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:44 pm

bug, she's completely re-written the gospels. do you think she's gonna stop there?

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:47 pm

but you know, I wonder if God will sue her.... one can only hope.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:42 pm

"The time is always right to do what is right." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hello Jennifer (?),
You might recognize the above quote; it's a new banner on your site. Perhaps instead of simply posting these words of wisdom, you might choose to follow them. The "right" I am alluding to is for you to remove my RVFP post from your site. I did not send it to you. You lifted it from this site without permission. In addition to what you did being ethically wrong and lacking in integrity, you are in violation of copyright laws. Remember: "The time is always right to do what is right."

Also, it was nice to see your posting of candidate endorsements. Was it difficult for you to reach a consensus?

bug

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:31 pm

HAHAHA... consensus of one (well... we know it's more complicated than that..)

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:48 am

Hey Jennifer,
Since others have assured me that you do read this site, I am asking you, for the third and final time, to remove my RVFP post from your site. What you have done (stealing) is wrong, illegal, and immoral. You, as "editor" certainly ought to know this. And if you don't, you should close down your vile site. A few fluff photos don't make up for the injuries you've inflicted.
By the way, your "mystery" photo is on the 100 block of Knox Street......

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum