Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exactly what I said...

Go down

Exactly what I said... Empty Exactly what I said...

Post by T Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:59 am

Kaiser study says 2018 health premium hikes the result of Trumpery's actions

AP Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar, Associated Press  
Nation | Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 6:15 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trumpery administration's own actions are triggering double-digit premium increases on individual health insurance policies purchased by many consumers, a nonpartisan study has found.

The analysis released Thursday by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that mixed signals from President Donald Trumpery have created uncertainty "far outside the norm," leading insurers to seek higher premium increases for 2018 than would otherwise have been the case.

Researchers from the Kaiser foundation looked at proposed premiums for a benchmark silver plan across major metropolitan areas in 20 states and Washington, D.C. Overall, they found that 15 of those cities will see increases of 10 percent or more next year.

The highest: a 49 percent jump in Wilmington, Delaware. The only decline: a 5 percent reduction in Providence, Rhode Island.

** Insurers who assumed that Trumpery will make good on his threat to stop billions in payments to subsidize copays and deductibles requested additional premium increases ranging from 2 percent to 23 percent, the report found.

** Insurers who assumed the IRS under Trumpery will not enforce unpopular fines on people who remain uninsured requested additional premium increases ranging from 1.2 percent to 20 percent.

The ongoing political turmoil for people who buy individual health insurance stands in sharp contrast to relative calm and stability for the majority of Americans insured through workplace plans.

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Exactly what I said... Empty Re: Exactly what I said...

Post by T Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:44 am

And now premiums are going to increase even more!  For thousands, insurance will be unaffordable. And he's doing this by executive order to boot. Most Republicans and Democrats in DC do not want this. Most citizens do not want this.

But he does it anyway.  

And you people voted for him?  You deserve him.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Maine premiums expected to rise after ACA subsidies end

President Trumpery’s decision to eliminate federal reimbursement of a key subsidy to Affordable Care Act insurers will further boost average premium increases in 2018 for individual ACA policyholders in Maine.

The average premium increase in Maine for individual buyers of mid-tier “silver” policies in 2018 will be nearly 50 percent, according to the state Bureau of Insurance website. More than 10 percentage points of that increase are attributable to the elimination of cost-sharing reduction reimbursements, according to one insurer’s rate filing.

The average monthly premium for individual, on-exchange silver plans for a 45-year-old non-smoker in Cumberland County in 2017 was $424.44. In 2018, the average premium for a comparable plan will be $620.14 – an increase of 46.2 percent. That increase factors in the impact of Trumpery’s decision to eliminate the subsidy reimbursement along with other, unrelated factors.

Cost-sharing reduction subsidies are designed to cover part of the cost of medical care for lower-income policyholders. They reduce the out-of-pocket costs associated with co-payments, deductibles and coinsurance payments for qualified policyholders.

Insurers in Maine said eligible policyholders will continue to receive the subsidies through their insurance providers in 2018. However, the federal government no longer will reimburse insurers for providing the subsidies.

As a result, insurers will raise premiums to cover the additional costs.

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:22 pm

This is what conservatives do (or at least try to do) to every government program they don't like.  See...See! It's a failure!

Creeps

Exactly what I said... Tumblr_oxz942K0OQ1r55d2io1_1280

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:55 am

"if he (Trumpery) would deny health coverage for a dying member of his own family, an infant, imagine how little your flesh and blood matters in his worldview"

SJ Link

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum