Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well then, it's settled

Go down

Well then, it's settled Empty Well then, it's settled

Post by T Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Well then, it's settled. If Putin says he didn't meddle, then he didn't meddle.  I don't know why anyone would ever question what Trumpery or Putin have to say.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trumpery Says Putin ‘Means It’ About Not Meddling in U.S. Elections

DANANG, Vietnam — President Trumpery said on Saturday that he believed President Vladimir V. Putin was sincere  bounce  in his denials of interference in the 2016 presidential elections, calling questions about Moscow’s meddling a politically motivated “hit job” that was hindering cooperation with Russia on life-or-death issues.

Speaking after meeting privately with Mr. Putin on the sideline of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit meeting in Danang, Vietnam, Mr. Trumpery said that he had again asked whether Russia had meddled in the contest, but that the continued focus on the issue was insulting to Mr. Putin.

“He said he didn’t meddle — I asked him again,” Mr. Trumpery told reporters traveling with him aboard Air Force One as he flew to Hanoi for more meetings. “You can only ask so many times. I just asked him again. He said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they are saying he did.”

“Every time he sees me he says, ‘I didn’t do that,’ and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it,” Mr. Trumpery said of Mr. Putin. “I think he is very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.”

“You know who else is insulted by it, Mr. President? The American people,” Mr. Schiff said on Twitter. “You believe a foreign adversary over your own intelligence agencies.”

“I mean, give me a break — they’re political hacks,” Mr. Trumpery said. “You have Brennan, you have Clapper, and you have Comey. Comey’s proven now to be a liar, and he’s proven to be a leaker, so you look at that. And you have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with that.”

After Mr. Trumpery’s comments, Gen. Michael V. Hayden, a former director of both the C.I.A. and the National Security Agency, wrote on Twitter that the C.I.A. had told him that the agency’s director “stands by and has always stood by” its January findings regarding Russian interference.

“The intelligence assessment with regard to Russian election meddling has not changed,” he wrote.

“Having a good relationship with Russia is a great, great thing,” Mr. Trumpery said. “This artificial Democratic hit job gets in the way, and that’s a shame, because people will die.”

“This is really an artificial barrier that’s put in front of us for solving problems with Russia,” Mr. Trumpery said of Mr. Putin. “He says that very strongly; he really seems to be insulted by it, and he says he didn’t do it.”

Mr. Putin said that Mr. Trumpery behaved at meetings “with the highest level of good will and correctness,” adding, “He is a cultured person, and comfortable discussing matters related to work.”

NYT

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum