Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't wait to hear what his nickname will be!

Go down

I can't wait to hear what his nickname will be! Empty I can't wait to hear what his nickname will be!

Post by T Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:06 pm

I can't wait to hear what his nickname will be!  Come on Trumpery, make it a good one! bounce
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Supreme Court strikes down law authorizing deportations for violent crimes

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court said Tuesday that part of a federal law that makes it easier to deport immigrants who have been convicted of crimes is too vague to be enforced.

The court’s 5-4 decision — an unusual alignment in which new Justice Neil Gorsuch joined the four liberal justices — concerns a catchall provision of immigration law that defines what makes a crime violent. Conviction for a crime of violence makes deportation “a virtual certainty” for an immigrant, no matter how long he has lived in the United States, Justice Elena Kagan wrote in her opinion for the court.

The decision is a loss for Donald Trumpery’s administration, which has emphasized stricter enforcement of immigration law.

With the four other conservative justices in dissent, it was the vote of the Trumpery appointee (Neil Gorsuch) that was decisive in striking down the provision at issue.

lol!

SJ Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down