Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Thanksgiving

+4
Admin
KevinNSaisi
Timeout
Z
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Happy Thanksgiving Empty Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Z Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:38 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Happy Thanksgiving Empty Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Timeout Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:56 am

Thanks and same to you...hope everyone has a lovely day.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:26 am

As you sit to enjoy our table full of delicious food; the turkey, the trimmings, the gravy and the potatoes, please remember your fellow Americans who have neither a feast nor loved ones with whom to share. Remember all of the mothers over the years who have had to eat their turkey dinner without their son or daughter who gave their life to protect our country. Remember the hard working Americans who perfect their craft just to have their job shipped oversees, leaving them unemployed. Remember the persons suffering mental illness who have been austricized from society through no fault of their own. Remember the elderly sent away to die in nursing homes, forgotten by those who once loved them.

Enjoy your turkey today, tomorrow take action to prevent these type of situations from existing. Give to a charity so that the poor can have food. Support the safe and expedient return of our troops from Iraq. Purchase products made in the United States. Befriend someone who suffers from mental illness. Visit a nursing home and speak with the many interesting people who have been forgotten.

Today we give thanks for family and friends.. tomorrow we give others a reason to be thankful.

Last edited by KevinNSaisi on Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : misplaced comma changed message)
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:35 am

Beautiful, Kevin...
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:17 am

Happy Thanksgiving, from the Thompson's

Man Im gonna eat a ton of Turkey

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:59 am

May everyone have a peaceful, happy Thanksgiving!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by C Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:56 pm

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with much to be thankful for!
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:05 pm

We had our dinner last night. Today I ate turkey stew. I like it thick, so I ate mine with a fork. Mmmmmm
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:48 pm

I wanna say how thankful I am (for lots of stuff) but also for this great forum and the wonderful people who participate in it. We don't always agree (ok, we RARELY agree), but there is a humor and sense of cameraderie that's pretty heartwarming. Anyway, THANKS GUYS! (that term is gender neutral).

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:55 pm

"Guys" has become gender neutral, but then again some PEOPLE are gender neutral (I'm having flashbacks of SNL "It's Pat" sketches). Luckily those who walk a different path feel welcome in our community because we are so accepting of others. Smile

Last edited by KevinNSaisi on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:38 pm

I think Kevin is on to something and I'm sure he'll be glad to follow through on it. I have suggested that he name a charity and an amount of money which he will give to that charity. I will match that amount, and I invite everyone else on this list to match it as well. This could be a big help to some charity, and we'll let Kevin name it (except for the Oxford Medical Reserve Corps which would be a conflict of interest for him) Who's in?

Phil Blampied

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Bulletin ...

Kevin has agreed to donate $50 to the Good Shepherd Food Bank. I will match that amount. Anyone else?

Phil Blampied

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm in. $50 to Good Shepherd. They are an amazing outfit.

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:53 pm

Kevin, did you really say guys have become gender neutral? When did that happen to them??
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:06 pm

KevinNSaisi wrote:"Guys" has become gender neutral, but then again some PEOPLE are gender neutral (I'm having flashbacks of SNL "It's Pat" sketches). Luckily those who walk a different path feel welcome in our community because we are so accepting of others. Smile

Timeout, I did not say guys have become gender neutral. I said "guys" has become gender neutral. I was referencing the term "guys" as in "are you guys heading downtown?" meaning " are you males and fremales, with whom I am familiar, going downtown?" as opposed to "are you bunch of males, with whom I am familiar, heading downtown?". The latter has fallen by the wayside in favor of the former in common discussion.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:09 pm

Phew! I was worried.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:29 am

I see what Kevin is saying. As far as The Good Shepard.................
Awesome group. I will, however reserve my $50 for breast cancer, plus another $50 for ALS. Otherwise known as "Lou Gehrig's Disease". Trust me................it's not his alone. Both diseases have impacted my life significantly. I have lost to both. My suggestion to everyone is: Don't try to match or out do others.................do what is good for you. If you are worried that you cannot give enough to make a difference, be comforted that $0.01 from anyone is $0.01 closer to the goal. If you want to do more, but can't afford it, spend time with someone. It doesn't have to be alot of time. I have spent many moments of time - ranging from twenty minutes to four hours - with terminally ill people. Listen to them. You might here some interesting stories. You might even learn something about yourself. You will, more than likely, walk away feeling good about yourself. The old adage about receiving more than you give is not too far off base. If you are looking for monetary or material receiving, then you are out of luck. If you believe that you have two ears, but only one mouth for a reason, then you are one step closer to a wealth that money or possesions cannot define. You are one step closer to being a freind.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:36 am

Those are my feelings Z, it was Phil who chose to make this a challenge. I usually don't like to be so public about where and how much I give. This all evolved from my Thanksgiving post. I had sent it out to over 150 people in the area and across the nation. Unfortunately, when Phil responded he "replied to all" (bad email ettiquette), which earned me some nasty comments from those who don't know Phil. Anyway, Phil saw that I encouraged people to make a donation to charity, and he challenged that I don't make donations. So, I met his challenge.

When he initiated this challenge, I wondered how a forum comprised mostly of people wishing to remain anonymous would respond (and was this just a ploy by Phil to get anonymous posters to identify themselves?). Anyone could say they had donated, but there is no verification. If we checked, I am sure that the GSFB would have no record of a donation from "Z',"C",or "T", even if one had been made because it would be made in their real name. To assure Phil that I am making a donation, we are meeting at the post office and sending our donations in the same envelope.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:51 pm

KevinNSaisi wrote:I wondered how a forum comprised mostly of people wishing to remain anonymous would respond.

I wondered the same thing...and had the same questions.

People who do for others as a lifestyle prefer, as Kevin says, to be private about it...we are continually presented with opportunities to help another human being...most people I know take that opportunity every day of their lives...you know, like Christmas all year round.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Blampied Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Kevin and I mailed $100 to the Good Shepherd Food Bank today.

Helping others and being private about it. Hmmm. Don't ask me to talk about anything specific, but, well, I did pick up a can that an old lady knocked off the shelf at Hannaford. What? Oh, well, it was about two months ago, but boy was she grateful, and not to mention the manager. Excuse me while I adjust my halo.

Phil Blampied

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Lol...well then, you're excused from picking up cans at Hannaford for the rest of the year.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Hey Phil, that is still helping. And as you pointed out about the store manager, you never really are sure how many people you will affect with even the simplest acts of kindness.

Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:10 pm

This is a stupid thread. I said I was gonna throw $50 to the Good Sheperd Food Bank, and I did today.

I could care less if you can track it, or not. I could care less if somebody can just afford a couple quarters. That's not what this is all about.

Quit thinking like the Rumford Reporter.

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by C Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Well said, Dave!
I give what I can, when I can. I don't worry who knows about it, or who doesn't.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:44 pm

I just donated $500 to the xmashen entertainment fund, a new and little-known charity that has worked miracles to bring holiday smiles to certain people. Although your donation is not currently tax-deductible, "they" are working on making it so. I encourage you all to donate at this most special time of year. Contact me for details.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next