Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town Manager search

3 posters

Go down

Town Manager search Empty Town Manager search

Post by C Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:19 am

Why hasn't the Rumford Town Manager vacancy been advertised yet???
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Town Manager search Empty Re: Town Manager search

Post by Z Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:24 am

Because "the crew" has who they want?

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:45 am

A while back the board discussed posting the position. However, it was stated that Len is doing well to put out the fires in town government, and some felt that he should stay for the year. Others opposed having an "interim" for such a long period of time, though the Charter allows it. A battle of wills ensued and those who support Len ended up making the motion that he be made the permanent town manager. The vote, I believe was 3:2 in favor of the motion. My thought is that those who oppose Len, should have picked their battles and allowed him to remain interim until June. By pushing the issue, they ended up losing ground (just my opinion). Personally, I have seen Len do a lot of good things. I have also seen him make mistakes, some even after being made aware of the error. No person is perfect, and everyone has their pluses and minuses. I believe that Len is doing a good job, but needs to rely more on the advice of those who have greater experience than himself in municipal affairs.

If the board did open the search process, I think it would be advisable for them to take a long time to thoroughly evaluate all candidates. This includes doing reference checks and resume validation. When Len leaves the position, the person who replaces him needs to be a team player who is not aligned with one side of any issue.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down