Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here I am!!!

+7
Dave
Admin
Timeout
steve
xmashen
C
Jennifer Stowell Norris
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Here I am!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Here I am!!!

Post by marktripp Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:43 pm

Dave wrote:I disagree with the lovefest going on here. Ms. Norris - you have been just plain nasty over the past year. When you posted info on As Maine Goes, I attempted to disagree, and all I got was a pile of crap back from you. Wanna see the messages I got? You have constantly chastized former town officials, and promoted a holier than thou attitude both on the Rumford Reporter, and on the Lisbon Reporter. I just see this communication as some way of you trying to make good on past misactions in order to look good for some type of appointment in Rumford. You want to discuss issues? Let's discuss them. Let's not start a petty "members only" farce.

Lots of people have advanced degrees. I'm one of them. Whoopie! It doesn't make you qualified. I grew up in the River Valley. How about you? Your assault of Ms. Bradley, who was excellent in her role at the River Valley Growth Council, and your attacks on Mr. Elridge and Mr. Doar are reprehensible. Furthermore, your continued assault on petty issues like the firetrucks on Congress Street is ridiculous. I'd never hire you.

I see your post as nothing more than pandering. To think that I'm going to take you seriously after one smarmy post is ill-conceived.

If this is in the form of a motion I second it.
marktripp
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:44 pm

Ok...Bug, if you are Jolene Lovejoy then you owe me an apology for contacting my Commander after I expressed my displeasure for Brad and Greg removing DiConzo and Bouvin over some trees...That was not kool at all...And, from what I understand, if you are Jolene, this is not the first time that you have pulled this kind of stunt...You have successfully ruined a young attorney's career because why? He cared about what was happening to his town. While you were spend, spend, spend on all the wrong things, our town was falling down around us...You had good intentions I'm sure but you went about it all wrong...So Bug, if you are Jolene, I got this off my chest...Oh, and the PMS not EMS statement at the town meeting made you look silly.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:46 pm

Personally, I think she's apologized enough. Do you want to put her in the stockade? Or maybe burn her at the stake? come on!

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:47 pm

Hey Mark, why don't you go wrack up some more overtime at the taxpayer's expense. You are not helping your cause over at the RFD by discounting the needs of our community, bullying us around, filing union greivances all the time, and spending upwards of $150,000 to $250,000 a year in overtime expenses.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:47 pm

See, Jen, these vendettas you have are only causing you grief.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:48 pm

Thanks Xmashen. I can take it. I was ready to deal with this.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by marktripp Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:Hey Mark, why don't you go wrack up some more overtime at the taxpayer's expense. You are not helping your cause over at the RFD by discounting the needs of our community, bullying us around, filing union greivances all the time, and spending upwards of $150,000 to $250,000 a year in overtime expenses.

Wow it didn’t take long for that. As I have said before, anyone wishing to know the truth I would be more than happy to provide them with the correct info.
marktripp
marktripp

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNSaisi Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:50 pm

We will find no peace unless we give it a chance
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:50 pm

ok, sorry Jennifer, but i guess it's time to go into the stockade! (just kidding sorta... but...)

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:51 pm

By the way, are we all doing Secret Santa this year?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:53 pm

I'm not just going to roll over when I get attacked. I sit on the Finance Committee and I know what we are dealing with for numbers. I also know what the Selectmen deal with because I am at almost all of the Selectmen's meetings. If you attack me, I am going to strike back and I have every right to. If you listen to me, respect my opinions, and don't judge me then everything will be kool.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:57 pm

Oh yeah, I think this is really fun. I love to debate and I love a good fight, although I won't go looking for it. I have a strong personality, definitely TYPE A, and if it offends anyone, I'm sorry. But, I'm also a kind, caring person who has heart for people, especially those who are struggling to make ends meet. As time goes on, I will explain to you how there are many people in Rumford that are making out like bandits at the expense of us, the property tax payer and the citizen.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:59 pm

maybe this is a great chance for a one on one debate with Jennifer and Mark, both from opposite sides of the arena. Just as a preface, Jennifer, it seems like you totally trashed the firefighters previously, which ticked off a lot of people who see firefighters as protectors and heroes (which they are).

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:01 pm

Do you guys feel like having your own separate thread for this?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by marktripp Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:03 pm

Xmashen I love a good challenge but due to the current situations I will not engage in a debate. I will provide documentation to anyone that request’s it along with the explanation of the facts.
marktripp
marktripp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:04 pm

JSN has her boxing gloves on and she's going to teach us a thing or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:04 pm

No, Mark and I will not see eye to eye. It is a dead issue to me. He has been very disrespectful to our Board of Selectmen, our Town Manager, to our Finance Commitee, to our community, and to me. I have nothing else to say to Mark. But, if attacked, I will fight back.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:05 pm

Jenny get your gun

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:05 pm

This type of behavior

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:Ok...Bug, if you are Jolene Lovejoy then you owe me an apology for contacting my Commander after I expressed my displeasure for Brad and Greg removing DiConzo and Bouvin over some trees...That was not kool at all...And, from what I understand, if you are Jolene, this is not the first time that you have pulled this kind of stunt...You have successfully ruined a young attorney's career because why? He cared about what was happening to his town. While you were spend, spend, spend on all the wrong things, our town was falling down around us...You had good intentions I'm sure but you went about it all wrong...So Bug, if you are Jolene, I got this off my chest...Oh, and the PMS not EMS statement at the town meeting made you look silly.

and this type of behavior

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:Hey Mark, why don't you go wrack up some more overtime at the taxpayer's expense. You are not helping your cause over at the RFD by discounting the needs of our community, bullying us around, filing union greivances all the time, and spending upwards of $150,000 to $250,000 a year in overtime expenses.

is what caused much of the trouble in the town to begin with. If you want to be mad at Jolene for calling your commander, fine, but that is no different than the types of things you have done. Perhaps it's time we all try to forgive.

Jolene didn't ruin a young attorney's career; complaints were filed by judges and other attorneys. Young attorneys are responsible for their own behavior.

The comment against Mark was just plain mean and uncalled for. That's the stuff that rips our town apart.

Like each other or not, we all deserve to be treated with respect here. I think you deserve to be treated with respect also. It may take awhile for people to trust you but you've earned that. Responding in kind to anger will only deepen the rift.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:06 pm

that's unfortunate, since it would be nice to see you guys parry. I am sure both of you have viable arguments.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:06 pm

When I need to put them on, I will. But, if you want to have an intelligent conversation about the issues here in town, I would love to engage in that kind of debate. I knew what I was stepping into. I also knew that if I can't beat them, then I might as well join them. So, here I am!!!
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by C Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:08 pm

Holy cow, I leave for a couple hours and look what happens! Lol, I couldn't believe how many views (10 people?) have given this thread alone. All this bickering and accusations gets us no where. For example the FC the selectboard and the FD. Why don't you guys get a mediator and actually sit down and listen to each other? Are our local firemen getting paid more than what they would if they moved to Lewiston or Portland? What is keeping them here? Certainly not all the grief...
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:10 pm

I do think that everyone should excercise a modicum of respect. I'm a little disappointed in my fellow forum members, although I do understand.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:10 pm

You really like that picture, don't you Bug or Jolene? It's pretty kool, I know. Oh and the dress that you ripped me apart for. The pictures were taken at the same event. My husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary at Sunday River, the Jordan Grand, and I invited all my friends and family to share in the special event with me. And yet another misconception.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:11 pm

JSN, I still want to know the REAL reason you're here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum