Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Play Nice the Next Time We Debate

3 posters

Go down

Let's Play Nice the Next Time We Debate Empty Let's Play Nice the Next Time We Debate

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:12 am

I had a great night tonight debating with you guys. Even though some of you were kind of mean, it didn't bother me one bit. I can take it. I look forward to debating in the near future. You invited me. Now, I am here. So, let's get down to business. If you attack me, I will either ignore you or strike back. Don't take it personally. I have a thick skin thanks to you guys. Hey Phil, say hi to Lovejoy and Rinaldo for me.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Nice the Next Time We Debate Empty Re: Let's Play Nice the Next Time We Debate

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:13 am

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote: Hey Phil, say hi to Lovejoy and Rinaldo for me.

Gee, Jen, look at how nice you're playing.

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Nice the Next Time We Debate Empty Re: Let's Play Nice the Next Time We Debate

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:15 am

What? I want him to say hi to Rinaldo and Lovejoy for me. I'm really proud of all the volunteer work they are doing. Geez, give me a break. You think I'm always up to something, don't you bug? Nevermind the fact that he was probably the meanest poster last night aside from you and Dave and of course Mark Tripp.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by gadget6412 Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:01 pm

Ok, I will start a discussion with you. On the TRR site, the information reference statutes for a cross walk but I do not remember seeing anything about a sidewalk.

The apron at the Rumford Fire Department is just that, an apron or drive way for vehicles of the Fire Station. At some point someone painted lines across it. Does this establish it as a sidewalk? I would argue that it does not and that it is unsafe for anyone crossing the apron. The surface of the apron is not level and could place the town or station at risk because of people walking on it. Additionally, as it currently stands, they have to cross the exit from the drive up at the bank, again unsafe. The sidewalk (which is concrete) as seen in the pictures from the fire station web site ends before it gets to the apron (which is asphault).

It was pointed out in the new crosswalk suggestion about people walking from the Post Office to the bank would have to cross over and back across congress if they were going to the bank. I for one do not believe there is a multitude of people who walk to the bank to justify an arguement. They would get back in their car and drive to the bank, because as a society we are that lazy.

I, as for myself only, see that you have criticized in a very negative manner, the fire department for wanting to remove the painted lines so as to establish the apron as it should be, an unsafe area for people. If a fire vehicle is parked on the apron, as it is part of their area and not the road and a pedestrian knowing that it is unsafe to go that way, steps into the road to go around the vehicle on the fire station apron, they do that of their own acord. Just as they cross congress street, not in a marked crosswalk.

You, being in the military understand how we mitigate unsafe acts, through risk management. To reduce the risk that has been pointed out would be to remove the painted lines, thereby increasing the safety margin. Additionally, if the concept is to paint crosswalk lines across congress for people to get to the bank, then that is part of the risk management. Is there even an entrance on that side of the building to justify going that way?

Just a discussion on the painted line crosswalk.

As you probably see, I am for removing the painted lines and allowing the vehicles to park on their apron as needed. Being a safety officer, I view this as the most viable course of action.

Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly"

'Safety First - Safety Always'
gadget6412
gadget6412

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:26 pm

Wow Gadget!!! I like how you presented yourself. Let me really take a good look at your post and suggestions and I will reply accordingly. Thank you for your professionalism.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by gadget6412 Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:55 pm

My pleasure, I like to debate issues, not argue. As I stated, just my view of the issue.
gadget6412
gadget6412

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:10 pm

Mz. Stowell loves to debate, until you disagree with her biased world view. Then she rants and raves.

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:16 am

Dave, I don't appreciate your rude tone. Please do not talk to me in that way. You are a very angry man and you don't even live in Rumford. Therefore, you are not helping our efforts to heal the wounds of the past and work together as a community for our continued success.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down