Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

+3
911Dispatcher
steve
Jennifer Stowell Norris
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Again Jen I would suggest you take a look at your own site for your damaging remarks on the RFD. You can't claim innocence here. I understand your frustration with budget issues, they exist in every town across the United States. However you have taken a step further. You may not come out and say things blankly but you still manage to create havoc. What discussion did you think you would start by asking how the Town acquired the property on Waldo St. What was your point when you asked 'I wonder what the toxicology reports said'?
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA?

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Inquiring minds want to know. I am a very curious person. If there isn't anything to hide, then...
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Ok I'm confused here....what did I say about my co workers exactly? Not only that but Sarah Palin knows what I've said about her. See Jen I know her and although I don't like her she respects that I have my right to my own opinion.

Last edited by 911Dispatcher on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:00 pm

Then go to the state lab and pay the fee for the report....its that simple.
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Being Blue when surrounded by Red.............

Is riding on top of a ladder truck safe and approved by OSHA? - Page 2 Icon_post_target by 911Dispatcher on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:40 pm
Today was a pretty historic day to say the least. I knew Maine was going to be voting blue, and that most from Maine were and have always been on the left. Living in Alaska for the past ten years I also knew that I was in a foreign land that literally bled red. So what does that really mean? I'll give you a perfect example. Tonight at work I heard some very concerning things from some co workers of mine. One was the N word and the other was the word queer. Both of these words were used in a very negative context when talking about Obama and Obama supporters. Needless to say I had a very hard night trying to tone out the conversations that only continued to get worse as the night went on. See I grew up in a christian home that taught tolerance. I learned from a very young age that the world is made up of all kinds and we all share the world together. I also learned that even though I may not agree with all of them, name calling, especially hateful name calling, was never to be used. I was taught to be open minded and to see issues from every angle possible. I was taught to consider what it would be like to be in the other persons shoes. I guess those teachings some how missed being taught in red states, or at least this red state. I just wanted to put this out there that I truly miss Maine and the people from Maine on this historic night.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:05 pm

And, just like Sarah Palin, I appreciate other people's view points as well. But, there seems to be a double standard here. I am not appreciated for my view points. What is up with that? Just sayin...
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:I'm just simply asking why you think I would want retribution against the RFD. Nobody has done anything to me except for hack my site. And, I know who Pachebo is, remember the stalker? Technology is amazing and like you have said many times, the information never goes away on the internet. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm just making a point. Admin is the one who is accusing me of retribution against the RFD. Again, why would I want to retaliate against the RFD unless they did something to me. Admin is the one who said it, not me. The hacking is the only thing I want retribution for and that will be handled by the Internet Crime Center Division of the FBI.

Let me see if I have this right. You have no idea and no proof about who hacked your site but you suspect the RFD. You are PO’ed at them (and you have reason to be PO’ed at whoever did it) and you want to make them pay for the personal invasion and pain you endured because of it.

I have no idea who hacked your site. I would like to ask this though. Is it fair to try to be hurtful to an entire town service because you think they may have done something like this to you?

Can you put the welfare of this town over your personal need for retribution?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Admin, I have to agree, at least partially, with JSN on your tone. I perceive an edge that is not conducive to productive discussion, and it's not what I would expect from you. Whatever she may have posted on TRR is immaterial to this thread. By the same token, Jen, I feel that you have a very thin skin when someone criticizes your postings. You may be a Type A personality (as are others here, myself included) but sometimes you have to just let things slide. As for the RFD, I can remember when there were two platoons, each with five or six firefighters working 24 on and 24 off. We had over 50 men on the call force, so there was always adequate coverage at Central Station and at working fires. Also, we didn't have the FD responding to every call for medical services. Overtime was minimal because staffing met demand. Sure the town was more populated then, but I would guess that there are more structures in town now than back in the 60's. The reduction in staffing over the years has created a situation where overtime has become necessary in order to provide adequate coverage. I can't believe that now there are only three firefighters on duty per shift, and some would reduce that number if they could. I'm reminded of a term from nuclear weapons technology: critical mass - the point below which there is no fissile reaction. The FD also has a critical mass in personnel, and anything below that results in not only inefficiency, but increased danger to personal safety of the firefighter and potential harm to victims from inadequate numbers of firefighters responding to a call.

steve

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:07 pm

You are appreciated for your view points. Like I said I understand your frustration and your goals to limit fleecing. However your unprofessionalism in changing it is wrong. All I ask is you stop trying to attack civil servants by stating things like their department is a joke, they sit around and do nothing.....there are better ways
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:10 pm

Again, Admin. There is no retribution. All I've ever done is simply report the facts as I know them. Occasionally, I have done some editorials. And, some of our readers who choose to remain anonymous because of the mean people on this site, have written some letters. Everything I have ever reported has back up to include meeting minutes, videotape, audiotape, witnesses, my own personal observation. Just like eye witnesses, we all see things from different angles. TRR is my angle, like it or not.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by 911Dispatcher Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Thank you Steve, some very good points
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:13 pm

Jennifer Stowell Norris wrote:Again, Admin. There is no retribution. All I've ever done is simply report the facts as I know them. Occasionally, I have done some editorials. And, some of our readers who choose to remain anonymous because of the mean people on this site, have written some letters. Everything I have ever reported has back up to include meeting minutes, videotape, audiotape, witnesses, my own personal observation. Just like eye witnesses, we all see things from different angles. TRR is my angle, like it or not.
Then you will stop your personal attacks on the RFD and the RPD?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:18 pm

Both of you are referring to the R Ortez letter. Other than that there really hasn't been personal attacks on the RFD and RPD. All I've done is report what they are doing or have done. And, by the way, Jason and Stephanie Thompson had nothing to do with that piece. I allowed it to be posted on the site and I probably should not have but I was very upset about the whole Crime Bulletin thing and the "Sex Offender of the Week" thing making our town look like some scummy, crime-ridden, druggie, alcoholic, piece of crap mill town. The Sun Journal hurts us bad enough as it is. I removed it because of 911's professional approach in her e-mails.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:20 pm

I disagree Steve. But, thank you for helping me address Admin's attitude problem. We have regional approaches and interlocal agreements with neighboring fire departments to deal with the potential of burning buildings. We do not need more people on shift at the RFD, we need more volunteers who are treated with respect and paid accordingly.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:23 pm

I perceive an edge that is not conducive to productive discussion

Thank you steve. Your point is taken.

I disagree that what is written on TRR is immaterial to this thread. I am angry at petty attacks that have taken place towards our town employees on TRR. They have caused some good town employees to leave town and the fighting has caused some good people to move away from this town. I percieved a continuation of that at the beginning of this thread. Enough is enough.

Is it really time for some healing in this town or will this battle continue to rage…and at who’s detriment?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:27 pm

It is all about accountability. I reported what I observed while at meetings or I wrote my perspective based on the SJ's seemingly biased reporting. I provided the other side of the story, which was always conveniently left out. If people left because they were being held accountable, then that was there choice. Do you think I am some wizard holding a wand directing who stays and who goes? If so, you give me too much credit. I will continue to report as I see fit BUT I will try to be a little more gentle on the RFD and RPD. It is difficult because their union mentality is very annoying sometimes. It feels like they think we owe them. When in fact, they owe us and should be treating the community with respect. Just sayin...
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:37 pm

Jen, I don't think you're a wizard (wizardess?) I agree that it's too much to give one person all the power for the troubles Rumford has. I do think you are a lightning rod, however. Everyone has had a piece in it, in one way or another. Some through apathy. As I told Len, any good points made about the town department budgets became a war because the groups were polarized before anything constructive dialogue could happen. I have my theories on how that happened just like anyone else. At this point, there is nothing to be done about it and I wish it had been handled better. Where do we go now? Do you have any suggestions toward making this better?
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:42 pm

What time does the goddam freaking santa parade start???

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:43 pm

As a FC member, I want facts, statistics, presentations, etc. I want to see an effort towards streamlining efforts. I am not a rubber stamper and I am very diligent when it comes to analyzing budgets. I always have a lot of questions. I do not want to hear emotional rhetoric and deal with people getting all mad because for once in their careers, they are being questioned. I've seen a lot of different models out there when it comes to FD and PD and we are definitely doing it the most expensive way. I want to do what is best for the community as a whole. The voting history in this town says a lot. They want to remain under the tax cap and they also want to see services tapered down. It can be done without affecting the level of service. I do the job of atleast 3 people in the military given all the cuts we have endured year after year. And, I don't complain about it. I will say one thing. The River Valley Chamber of Commerce impresses me because they actually followed through with one of our suggestions in an effort to save money when they moved to the Information Center. They will get rewarded for that as far as I am concerned.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:46 pm

6 PM
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:47 pm

good! let's all make nice by then!

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:48 pm

this was reminding me of childhood, and putting up the tree... it started out all nice and then everyone was screaming at each other.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Sounds good to me. I'm going to go do my hair. I'll make sure to not wear the same outfit, too. Very Happy
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:50 pm

Yeah, well probably lots of us came from there Xmashen...

Anyway, I want to respond to Jen's last post but I am also getting ready for the parade. My kids bailed on me so I'm taking myself! Let's keep talking about it. Thanks.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Stowell Norris Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:50 pm

xmashen, I think I handled the conversation very well. You must admit that I am trying here. You guys invited me and I am going to try my hardest to understand you and hope that you understand me. Now, let's all shut the heck up and get ready for the Christmas parade.
Jennifer Stowell Norris
Jennifer Stowell Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next