Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illegally obtained benefits blamed on Eldridge

5 posters

Go down

Illegally obtained benefits blamed on Eldridge Empty Illegally obtained benefits blamed on Eldridge

Post by C Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:11 pm

JSN has received a bill from the State of Maine for over $2300. to repay unemployment benefits she applied for after resigning from Lisbon. Did she think because of who she is that she could just quit her job and go on unemployment? And it's the fault of Mr. Eldridge because she has to pay it back? I've seen her take NO responsibility for anything. Every trouble she gets herself into is through no fault of her own.

I felt forced to resign before getting fired. And, for those of you who know what it feels like to just know that your boss is getting ready to fire you, you know what I'm talking about.

Unemployment insurance provides a temporary source of income to individuals who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own.
http://maine.gov/labor/unemployment/faqs.html

I applied for unemployment benefits because they refused to give me my vacation pay and my health benefit reimbursement, which was owed to me.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Illegally obtained benefits blamed on Eldridge Empty Re: Illegally obtained benefits blamed on Eldridge

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:15 pm

she appears to be a chronic " blamer". Like it's always someone else's fault. The thing is, if you QUIT a job, you USUALLY do not get unemployment benefits. She didn't even have the foresight to make her complaints prior to quitting, and even in her resignation letter did not think to bring up the untenable nature of continued employment. She can't go back and re-write history (although, bless her, she certainly tries!).

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Illegally obtained benefits blamed on Eldridge Empty Re: Illegally obtained benefits blamed on Eldridge

Post by Dave Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:43 pm

I'm peeved because she thinks she's above the law, and apparently plans to pay it back $1 a year. She had a chance to argue her case. Lost. Had a chance to appeal. Lost. What more does she want?

I don't want MY tax dollars to benefit her.

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:16 pm

let's just say that Santa is not pleased and she is getting coal in her stocking.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by C Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:33 pm

Lol, that's generous- not what I'd fill it with....
C
C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:57 pm

I felt forced to resign before getting fired. And, for those of you who know what it feels like to just know that your boss is getting ready to fire you, you know what I'm talking about.

No, actually I don't. I've never been fired nor have I ever had a feeling that my boss was getting ready to fire me.
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Me neither. Either you're doing your job, or your not. If Ms. Norris was doing her job, she should of felt comfortable about sticking around.

At this point, it's her word against others. I know who I would believe.

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:02 pm

And despite my lack of experience in the being fired department...I at least know that you can't get paid unemployment if you resign. If you got paid ahead of time, it's because the filing information was incorrect. Give me a break.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by C Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:30 pm

If I don't get the waiver approved, well then I guess I'll have to pay them $1/month until it is paid off. Atleast I'm trying. It was a no interest loan.
Where is the logic in paying $1 per month? I guess she failed to acknowledge the italicized writing that says after the first year any unpaid balance will be assessed 1% interest a month... after 13 months she'll owe $2339.16, after 14 months she'll owe $2361.54, after 15 months $2384.15... seems like poor financial wisdom for an appointed member of our finance committee.... and someone who thinks others are taking advantage of our system??

Last edited by C on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added info)
C
C
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:12 pm

Yeah, but it still comes out in her favor C. Say she lives to be one hundred and guess that she's 37 (?sorry if this is wrong)...that gives her 63 years to pay at $12.00 per year...that only comes to $756.00 in her lifetime. Now, if she makes that payment by US mail, of course she would have to add the current stamp cost. Then if she has to provide her own envelope, plus gas mileage if she lives in a place where she has to drive to the P.O., well...it could get pricey...I think she's on to something because I think it will still come out as a win for her. Congratulations on yet another all American citizen beating the system! What did Phil say? Vive la resistance! Lol...

Last edited by Timeout on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Maybe we could take up a fund. the lisbon reporter posted something that asks us all to help her out in this.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Anyone feel like hosting a baked bean supper?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:17 pm

No.
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Wait, if she takes that low-interest loan and invests it in a CD or something, I think she could actually make a profit...amazing!
Timeout
Timeout

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:20 pm

ok, then, well, how about a BURNT BEAN SUPPER?

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:50 pm

I work too hard and too much to be happy supporting someone who CHOOSES to be unemployed. I am more than willing to give a hand to soomeone who needs it, and is willing to get back on their own two feet, but not to give money to one who wants to abuse the system that is there to help people. Always remember................
WELFARE IS NOT A JOB.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down