Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did The Rumford Reporter fire a warning shot across the bow?

4 posters

Go down

Did The Rumford Reporter fire a warning shot across the bow? Empty Did The Rumford Reporter fire a warning shot across the bow?

Post by T Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:53 pm

PSA: A Reminder of the Ten Commandments

Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Did The Rumford Reporter fire a warning shot across the bow? Empty Re: Did The Rumford Reporter fire a warning shot across the bow?

Post by Admin Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Personally I’m glad to see the Ten Commandments up on TRR website. Maybe they will even read them and began to follow them. It gets pretty tiring constantly having to correct the misinformation they print. Talk about “bearing false witness against thy neighbor”. Let me count the ways…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Did The Rumford Reporter fire a warning shot across the bow? Empty Re: Did The Rumford Reporter fire a warning shot across the bow?

Post by xmashen Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:32 pm

To me, this was approaching the height of irony! I was laughing my butt off! (for a while... until i got just how scary she's getting). But seriously, that website is truly the devil's playground (even if there is only one devil playing in it). It reflects so poorly on the community to anyone not in the know. I am all for the 1st ammendment but sometimes I just wanna scream!

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:02 pm

This is the height of irony. For the record, I think a number of people post comments on there but they usually do so anonymously. They are always criticizing others for posting anonymously, yet they do it routinely themselves. It’s comforting to know that even though you live far away xmashen, you can still see through them.

I would love to see both of these websites start reflecting the greater Rumford area in a positive light. I have asked them nicely and thrown up a number of positive challenges to debate on issues instead of people and the response has been posts like “…the Tree Cutter are in Charge Now” and attacks on the firemen and the police force. There is a word for that. It’s “mean”. Then to post the Ten Commandments is just too much. There are a couple of words for that; “Spin” and “hypocrites”. They are a hypocritical bunch.

Going to the site is like driving by a car wreck. You don’t want to look but you just have too. Let’s stop going there. If there are things that we need to know, maybe T could get them for us. Would you be willing to do that T or are there other volunteers.

Thanks,

RVFP
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by C Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:30 pm

Perhaps we should only dedicate one thread to TRR so as not to clutter up the forum? No links to their site should be permitted either so as not to freely advertise them.
C
C
Admin

Number of posts : 707

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:39 pm

C wrote:Perhaps we should only dedicate one thread to TRR so as not to clutter up the forum? No links to their site should be permitted either so as not to freely advertise them.

GREAT idea!

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:47 pm

I also agree. I hate it when TRR stuff intrudes on all the positive stuff that is going on in this site . On the other hand, i think we all need to vent a little when we see something as idiotic as the Ten Commandments being hurled down the mountain at us. Maybe we could just have one post/site devoted to that and save the rest for the positive stuff that is happening. Admin, is there a way to do that? Oh, wait, i just realized that C said the same thing! sorry to be redundant! (Oh, and your car wreck analogy is so right on). I hate myself every time i go there.

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:59 pm

I think that’s a great idea too. Got any suggestions for what to name it? Obama has a “fight the smear” site. This feels like the same idea.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:17 pm

I have too many ideas.... we could call it "Rumford HUSSEIN.... ", "Tree Huggers United", "Kill all the Fireman (and Policemen too!)", "How to promote and misrepresent yourself at the same time", or maybe just " cut the crap"

xmashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down