Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Rush is Wrong (A True Conservative's View)

Go down

Why Rush is Wrong (A True Conservative's View) Empty Why Rush is Wrong (A True Conservative's View)

Post by T Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Why Rush is Wrong

The party of Buckley and Reagan is now bereft and dominated by the politics of Limbaugh. A conservative's lament.

It wasn't a fight I went looking for.

On March 3, the popular radio host Mark Levin opened his show with an outburst (he always opens his show with an outburst): "There are people who have somehow claimed the conservative mantle … You don't even know who they are … They're so irrelevant …It's time to name names …! The Canadian David Frum: where did this a-hole come from? … In the foxhole with other conservatives, you know what this jerk does? He keeps shooting us in the back … Hey, Frum: you're a putz."

Now, of course, Mark Levin knows perfectly well where I come from. We've known each other for years, had dinner together. I'm a conservative Republican, have been all my adult life. I volunteered for the Reagan campaign in 1980. I've attended every Republican convention since 1988. I was president of the Federalist Society chapter at my law school, worked on the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal and wrote speeches for President Bush—not the "Read My Lips" Bush, the "Axis of Evil" Bush. I served on the Giuliani campaign in 2008 and voted for John McCain in November. I
supported the Iraq War and (although I feel kind of silly about it in retrospect) the
impeachment of Bill Clinton. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Link

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down