Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's in a Name?

2 posters

Go down

What's in a Name? Empty What's in a Name?

Post by xmashen Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:46 pm

I never thought I would say this, but major kudos to Jennifer Norris for having the smarts to change her web site's name from "the Rumford Reporter" to "the Rumford Citizen".

Clearly she realized that "reporter" was a gross misuse of the word. "Reporter" connotes objectivity, research, knowledge of the facts and the ability to examine all sides of an issue. Anyone can be a citizen.

Giving her site the new scent of just another opinion blog is a genius move on her part, since "reporting" and any connection to real journalism were completely lacking under the old name.

She's now free to spew whatever she likes as a private citizen and not under the guise of "journalism" or "integrity".

I for one applaud this excercise in self-correction.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

What's in a Name? Empty Re: What's in a Name?

Post by dr Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:25 pm

What's in a Name? 96412Great comment!

dr

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:28 pm

The Rumford Reporter OK. I gotta surprise. The official Rumford Reporter website is now called the Rumford Citizen. Rumford used to have a paper called the Rumford Citizen and I think it is long overdue that we start another one. Like I've said before, it's all about you!

Dear TRR editor,
Truthfully, it's all about you!!! Your blog doesn't represent the citizens of this town.
Sincerely,
dr

dr

Back to top Go down

Post by dr Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:09 am

All this "new" Jennifer Stowell Norris stuff looks like the same-old/same-old to me: It's still a narrow, one-way street with sewage running along both sides.

She has claimed the town of Rumford as her own, and declared herself spokesperson for its citizens.

dr

Back to top Go down

Post by xmashen Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Looks like our favorite "editor" is once again (probably on the advice of her "lawyer") changing her stripes to be all sweetness and butterflies and light. That should last as long as a good belch. Let's all wish her the best at her court hearing tomorrow. And yeah, she has 420 + fb fans (she actually WANTED that number, back when she was defending/promoting pot). She probably thinks that so many "fans" might help her in court, but the reality is that her "fan" list reads a bit like the RPD arrest/warrant log. But in any case, best of luck to her tomorrow.

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum