Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dave Dearborn

4 posters

Go down

Dave Dearborn Empty Dave Dearborn

Post by KevinNSaisi Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:01 pm

It is with great sadness that I learned today of the passing of Dave Dearborn. Kim Anderson stated that Dave died of a blood clot while being trated for an unknown illness. Kim stated that she and her husband Bob are taking care of arrangements for Dave as he has no known family in the area. She stated that the GRCC will likely house a memorial service.

I did not know Dave well, but I do recall him being a prominent icon in River Valley sports. Many may recall Dearborn's Decisions in the Rumford Falls Times. He was an avid sports fan and a supporter of local sports. Dave's dedication to the GRCC is unsurpassed.
KevinNSaisi
KevinNSaisi

Number of posts : 723
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Dave Dearborn Empty Re: Dave Dearborn

Post by Admin Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:33 pm

Kevin,

Thank you for posting this information.

David was an icon in the River Valley Sports scene. He was a colorful character, umpping little league games and working as a commentator on the local radio station for Mountain Valley football games. He was a long term member of the Greater Rumford Community Center's Board of Directors. He was a gently soul who always tried to improve things for the children of the River Valley.

He will be sadly missed in our community.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:53 pm

My condolences. Dave was dedicated to River Valley Sports. If I remember correct, he walked to a lot of the events. But he cared about the kids, covered the sports like they were of professional caliber, and made it great to be an athlete in the River Valley. He would write huge articles about games, second to none. We were lucky to have him in the area.

Dave had his own "uniqueness", but I appreciated the guy.

Dave

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Dave Dearborn Empty Dave Dearborn

Post by johnnyg Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:13 am

I have traveled with Dave to many football games and he was dedicated to the River Valley sports teams. He was a careing person, when it came to the youth of our community. He was just a bundle of facts and figures and was always quite accurate. He will be missed by the people that knew him and by the River Valley sports activists. God Bless You Dave....

johnnyg

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down