Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US kills Osama bin Laden decade after 9/11 attacks!!

5 posters

Go down

US kills Osama bin Laden decade after 9/11 attacks!! Empty US kills Osama bin Laden decade after 9/11 attacks!!

Post by Alexander Nevsky Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 am

Good job President Obama! Thank you!!

Last edited by Alexander Nevsky on Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Video)
Alexander Nevsky
Alexander Nevsky

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

US kills Osama bin Laden decade after 9/11 attacks!! Empty Re: US kills Osama bin Laden decade after 9/11 attacks!!

Post by 911Dispatcher Mon May 02, 2011 7:53 am

My friend Matt Gagnon took this video, celebrating in front of the White House

Last edited by 911Dispatcher on Mon May 02, 2011 8:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because Nevsky would have bitched if I hadn't)
911Dispatcher
911Dispatcher

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

US kills Osama bin Laden decade after 9/11 attacks!! Empty Re: US kills Osama bin Laden decade after 9/11 attacks!!

Post by T Mon May 02, 2011 4:31 pm

I give most of the credit to our intelligence agencies and the Navy SEALS.

T

Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by T Tue May 03, 2011 9:33 pm

About one third of the country is giving President Georg W. Bush most, if not all, of the credit for the removal of Osama bin Laden.

Lest we forget...

“The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him.” – George W. Bush, 9/13/01

“I don’t know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don’t care. It’s not that important. It’s not our priority.” – George W. Bush, 3/13/02

“I am truly not that concerned about him.” – George W. Bush, responding to a question about bin Laden’s whereabouts, 3/13/02

T

Back to top Go down

Post by T Fri May 06, 2011 5:36 am

To those of you who would give President Obama absolutely no credit for the killing of bin Laden, I have one question that I'd like you to honestly answer.

Had this operation gone badly (e.g., President Carter), would you be blaming President Obama for its failure?

T

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri May 06, 2011 8:59 pm

To be perfectly honest, I would have given credit to ANY president who gave the authorization to conduct the mission. I give credit to the military, however, for the execution of the mission. The President, no matter who was President at the time, had nothing to do with the success or failure of the mission.

I am in no way criticizing President Obama, Carter, Ford, Reagan, or or any other president. Just giving credit or responsibility where it is due.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RiverValleySun Sun May 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Would it be possible for Obama to milk the intelligence work the result of holdover Bush policies and intelligence and well trained Navy Seal Team Six also Bush any more? It is truly sickening. Have you noticed the most of the news services have started changing the spelling of Osama's name to Usama? Or calling hum OBL? I wonder why? Could it be that it is too close to another name? All this hype is only going to piss off the nuts and get the retaliation sooner and bigger.

Two years after taking office Obama has raised the debt ceiling 4 times by more the $4 tillion and is looking for a 5th increase. He blames Bush! Unemployment has climbed ever since he took office dipping slightly and briefly now on the rise again at 9% and climbing again two years later his answer, "It is Bush's fault." Huh, excuse me, two years he has been in office take responsibility. You said all your stimulus would fix the economy and unemployment and all it did is skyrocket the debt. Take responsibility and change your ways.

He also can't keep his story straight. The only thing that has stayed consistant on the Osama/Obama story is the Navy SEALS killed Osama.

RiverValleySun

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by T Sun May 08, 2011 8:30 pm

People like you Candice (RiverValleySun), are in favor of the following for the American worker:

Lower wages
The reduction or complete elimination of health benefits
Implementation of a “training” wage
Weakening of Maine’s child labor laws
Elimination of the minimum wage
Elimination of the 40 hour work week
Elimination of paid holidays and vacations
Elimination of collective bargaining rights
The privatization of Social Security
The elimination of Medicare and replacing it with a voucher system

At the same time, you support:

The reduction or elimination of corporate income taxes
Tax cuts for the wealthy
Record breaking profits for corporate America

People like you try to justify their support for the above with the idea that we must do these things to create jobs, when historically, there is absolutely no evidence to support it.

You and people like you do not fool us when you imply that you are simply looking out for the welfare of the average citizen.

You're nothing more than a "birther" type to be ignored by rational, reasonable people.

T

Back to top Go down

Post by RiverValleySun Sun May 08, 2011 9:20 pm

I can only speak for me and not Candice. Wages should be based on performance/merit and not just because of union membership. A beter use for unions would be to form groups for purchasing insurance when it isn’t possible for employers to provide it. Since you should get paid for performance why should someone start making as much as an experienced worker who is more productive? You lost me on the child labor laws, I don’t know that there is anything wrong with them. I can’t remember when I have worked a 40 hour work week and most people I know either work more or less. Rumford Town employees work only 35 hours 5 days 7 hours a day. Most professionals and business owners work a lot more than 40 every week as do industrious folks with multiple jobs that total more than 40. So you lost me on that one too. About the only people who get paid holidags are government and bank employees and they carry it so far if the holiday comes on a weekend they take the day before or after off, at our expense. Paid vacations are mostly limited to government workers to and they get like 6 weeks a year we get to pay for while we work. Most businesses can’t afford to pay workers to be on vacation they don’t have extra employees to cover and they are marginal to beginwith. Collective bargaining means protecting and paying bad workers the same at the expense of good desering workers. Unions are all about taking workers money for dues to pay union bosses big bucks and buying politicians. Social Security and Medicare should have been privatized years ago. The government can’t handle them, never have, neber will. The government can’t handle the investing or the claims.

We need to be looking to the example of Canada’s conservative government of the past few years. They have not had near the problems we have. Their national debt is not going up, it is going down. And, yes they pay less in taxes even corporate income taxes. They don’t have 9% unemployment either. Their economy is growing they are not in inflation like we are. So if you want an example to justify supporting reduction of corporate income taxes, income taxes in general and having record breaking profits, how about looking at our northern neighbor with its great economy, low unemployment, and declining national debgt.

RiverValleySun

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Mon May 09, 2011 12:01 pm

"Not Candace", I have worked a few jobs for a few different employers. Most of the places I have worked offered paid holidays. None of my employers have been the state nor banks. Paid vacations are NOT "mostly limited to government workers". Again, most of the places I have worked offered paid vacations.

You say you can't remember when you have worked a 40 hour work week. Try it sometime. You just might earn those benefits. The paid vacation and paid holidays. Nothing is free. At least, it shouldn't be.

Don't tell me there are no jobs out there. I work at three jobs. It only takes a little initiative.

Z

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RiverValleySun Mon May 09, 2011 10:32 pm

Sorry wasn't cleear. I have one job that I work more then 40 hours a week. I have a demanding jobe that requires I work work atleast 60 hours a week at the one don't need a second or a third. I pay for my benefits like most people these days. The free ride is a think of the past. Glad you still have your 40 hours only a week job with paid holidays and vacations and employer paid bnefits. Most of those jobs have disappeared if not before the economy went to hell since.

Ther are a lot of things that can be done to improve the jobs market like doing what Obama is telling Pakistan they haveto do and secure our borders. Thats another issue though.

RiverValleySun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum