Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My apologies to RTM, Len Greaney

5 posters

Go down

My apologies to RTM, Len Greaney Empty My apologies to RTM, Len Greaney

Post by Admin Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:46 pm

The person that sent me the email said that they had contacted Len Greaney and that they now feel they were not targeted by Mr. Greaney.

I retract this story and offer my sincerest apologies to Mr. Greaney.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to correct misinformation)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://rivervalleyfreepress.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My apologies to RTM, Len Greaney Empty Re: My apologies to RTM, Len Greaney

Post by xmashen Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:33 pm

can you post the email?

xmashen

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:54 pm

I wish I could but the individual is extremely angry, blaming their misfortune on us. The person refuses to allow us to post anything from them and we will honor that request.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marktripp Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 pm

It wouldn’t surprise me if this was all put together by "organ boy". He has made many comments about shutting the school down.
marktripp
marktripp

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Timeout Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:19 pm

Mark, you may be right about this. I wonder also if the first TRR letter about the cost of the school and teachers' salaries was submitted by one of his relatives who is on a "fixed income" and who has been very vocally opposed to the school...think hard and you'll know who I mean. I also think your guy may be responsible for generation of the second letter that incorrectly targets the family of a fellow board member. I myself have heard him refer to the school as "elitist" many times. Who else has more interest to protect in the local Catholic church beside the business manager/choir director/general right hand man...he makes a nice chunk of income there.

BTW, the only group that makes out from the double funding of the private school is MSAD #43...oh yeah, one more thing...the padre is cutting the school loose and it has to come up with its own funding...they're just trying to justify their behavior and build a case for themselves in advance because it won't be a popular decision...many people have sentimental ties to the school.

I don't really have an opinion on whether the school should stay open or not. On one hand, our Catholic school is now at the bottom of the barrel income-wise since the Diocese has already closed the least profitable school in the state. They do struggle for lack of funding and as technological advances continue, they just don't have the cash to keep up. On the other hand, some people place strong value on Christ-centered teaching, and A&J students typically comprise most of the "Top Ten" MVHS graduates...so...hmmm...what to do?
Timeout
Timeout

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:58 pm

A retraction of a story and an apology?

I've never seen that on the TRR
Chuck
Chuck

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:44 pm

Apparently TRR is confused about the sequence of events that occurred so let me recap for them. Someone in the community wrote an email to the Free Press expressing their anger at us. They said they had been targeted by Mr. Greaney as the editor of the Free Press website. They were quite angry, saying the reason they were targeted is because we had not identified ourselves.

After receiving this email, I began to think that Mr. Greaney should be spending his time on other things as town manager besides trying to find out who the editor of this site was and I said as much in a article on this site.

When the person that wrote the letter saw that article, they wrote again saying they had spoken directly with Mr. Greaney and now believed they were not targeted by him. We retracted our original article and apologized to Mr. Greaney for our first article.

TRR should follow our lead and apologies to Mr. Adley and his family. This had nothing to do with him, his wife or any of the other innocent families from St, Athanasius and St. John School.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down